Starcom 21 Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a major failure is occurring in the Starcom 21 network in the Chicago Metro area. State Police, IDOT, DuCom, Metra, Pace Bus...Sites 101,102. Mobiles calling in, not getting a response. Started around 1335 Hrs.

troymail

Silent Key
Sounds like a major failure is occurring in the Starcom 21 network in the Chicago Metro area. State Police, IDOT, DuCom, Metra, Pace Bus...Sites 101,102. Mobiles calling in, not getting a response. Started around 1335 Hrs.

Quick! See if the went to some type of failsoft -- that is, operating their trunked frequencies in conventional mode!

ResQguy

Meh
Sounds like they are in site trunking. In failsoft conditions, a scanner would hear nothing unless scanning the voice channels in conventional mode.

justinkmunger

I've been listening on Site 1-002 for the past 5 minutes and still no traffic. There was a TG that came up as a quick blip real fast but it went away before I could see what it was.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening on Site 1-002 for the past 5 minutes and still no traffic. There was a TG that came up as a quick blip real fast but it went away before I could see what it was.

Site is trunking, sounds like it's limited to Dispatcher Consoles. Site 101 appears to be completely down. Zone 1 controller failure perhaps?

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
I was scanning Site 102 for about half an hour and wondered why radio traffic was very low. I heard 1J40 trying to reach ISP dispatch for almost 10 minutes without a response. Same thing with some of the Metra PD units...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I was scanning Site 102 for about half an hour and wondered why radio traffic was very low. I heard 1J40 trying to reach ISP dispatch for almost 10 minutes without a response. Same thing with some of the Metra PD units...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

All operations have returned to normal as of 10 minutes ago.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
ISP Dist 15 units calling and being dispatched with no issues.

Oh I'm sure you're hearing that. It's not the scanner, it's what happened last time too. Units calling...not getting an answer etc. Then suddenly it came back up. I think someone reported McHenry site was picking up District-Chicago traffic last time.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Came back on line at 1410 Hrs. It appears whatever issue occurred, the consoles lost connectivity with the south sites. IDOT, ISP ,DuCom were all affected south. but mobiles were working Identical issue as before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.