Nxdn trunk help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsankir

Hello all,

What i actually need to trunk NXDN site on sds-100?

I have CC,transmit channells freq.,ran'site name.

Thanks for help.

D

DaveNF2G

That should do it. Be sure to use ID Search mode if you don't have any talkgroups loaded.

dsankir

Thanks for reply.

tried but no chance.

Should i enter the syytem only CC or also TX channels?
Or how to program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsankir

I can listen all 6 channel as conventional but cant nothing as trunk system.

troymail

Silent Key
Problem is i still cant create system in to the scanner.
Witout any system,as i know,LCN finder cant work.
Need help to create system first.

Assuming you have the NXDN upgrade and the latest Sentinel version, you should be able to create the system using Sentinel (and copy it to the radio) and/or directly via the radio keypad and menus - then run the LCN finder.

dsankir

Assuming you have the NXDN upgrade and the latest Sentinel version, you should be able to create the system using Sentinel (and copy it to the radio) and/or directly via the radio keypad and menus - then run the LCN finder.

Hello,

did it. i ve just write CC and upload to scanner,but nothing happend.
Just want to know,am i correct,should i use on system only CC or need to load knowing tx channels?

troymail

Silent Key
DMR and NXDN require ALL site frequencies -- just the control channel frequency won't work (unless it is the only site frequency). If you don't have all the site frequencies (or correct ones), it won't work...not well if at all.

dsankir

DMR and NXDN require ALL site frequencies -- just the control channel frequency won't work (unless it is the only site frequency). If you don't have all the site frequencies (or correct ones), it won't work...not well if at all.

know all freq. have here 1 Cc and 5 Tx..

75ec17f5620c9dc296b778be9be717d9.heic

troymail

Silent Key
LCN finder can time time - the busiest the system, the faster the results ... slower - well, you get it.

4/5 is pretty good and if that happened quickly, chances are, the 5 frequency is either wrong or not part of the system. What do you hear on that 5th frequency when programmed as conventional (if you look at the programming after storing the LCN finder results, one frequency should probably still have an LCN of 0).

You can monitor with 4/5 for a while and assuming it is a strong system and being received well, you should be able to determine (based on missed conversations/replies) if you have all the frequencies.

Ubbe

You have to let LCN finder analyze that system, or have DSD+ do it for you.

After you get tired of analyzing you goto scan, not menu as that would erase what has been found (is that a bug?), and you can read the SDS100 using Sentinel to check what LCNs, if any, it has found. Or you can go into edit system and frequency and push enter on the scanner to see the LCNs found.

I found it easier to use a spare scanner or a SDR dongle and have DSD+ logging the systems control channel for a couple of days. But the LCNs found are usually not the same number as the scanner finds, you have to convert between their different ways of dictating logical channels.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.