• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CP200D with PRC-152A

Status
Not open for further replies.

longwire55

I have 10 CP200ds I use at work and I'm trying to integrate them with my 152As. In the past I've used the standard cheap two ways you find at Walmart for our attachments during training with no issues, just find the frequency and and pl tones then program a separate channel so we can communicate.

I haven't had any luck with the cp200ds, I've identified the channel frequencies with my scanner(IC-R20) and ran TONE SCAN multiple times with no hits. I receive no signal on my 152 or Motorola when transmitting but pick it up on my scanner just fine.

Any suggestions on what the issue may be or what I'm missing? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to Motorolas and I would like to find a solution that doesn't involve reprograming them if possible.

longwire55

I looked up the model number and it comes back as analog.

AAH01QDC9JC2AN 403-470 MHz, 4 Watts, 16 Channels

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
They can be bought as analog and have the digital entitlement bought and added.

longwire55

Is there a way to tell without having the programming software or cable? These were purchased outside of the US, I’m pretty sure they were never upgraded but I would like to rule it out. Is it correct to assume they are only compatible with other Motorola’s if they are digital? Again I’m pretty ignorant when it comes to civilian radios so any help is appreciated.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to tell without having the programming software or cable? These were purchased outside of the US, I’m pretty sure they were never upgraded but I would like to rule it out. Is it correct to assume they are only compatible with other Motorola’s if they are digital? Again I’m pretty ignorant when it comes to civilian radios so any help is appreciated.

If all channels are programmed digital (DMR), they will only be compatible with other DMR radios and only in the clear if they aren't Motorola.

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
If you want to, you can send me a 200d and I can read it for you and see how it’s programmed.

mancow

Database Admin
With the squelch open on the 152 do you hear anything at all when transmitting on the 200? If it's DMR it should be a rapid pulsing noise.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
PL tone...... Check your ctcss or cdcss tones OR it may be the cp200d radios are setup to work through a repeater (aka tx on one freq and RX on another)? TT

longwire55

Thanks for the replies. I’m away for a few days but I’ll mess around with them and report back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.