DSDPlus.frequencies and Con+

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD0TY

I'm trying to use DSD+ to monitor a Con+ system, but RR database doesn't seem to have the right OTA channel numbers, is there any other way to figure this out?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm trying to use DSD+ to monitor a Con+ system, but RR database doesn't seem to have the right OTA channel numbers, is there any other way to figure this out?

Please provide a link to the system you are attempting to monitor.

If the OTA numbers are wrong in the DB, you'll have to figure out for yoursefl by monitoring the control channel of the site with DSDPlus and probably doing something like scanning the non-CC frequencies conventionally wtih a scanner. Then when DSDPlus shows that a particular LCN is active, you make note of which frequency the scanner stopped on and is playing audio (if you have a DMR-capable scanner) or which frequency the scanner stopped on and is playing a digital sound (if you have a non-DMR capable scanner).

Mike

AD0TY

Monitoring the control channel DSD+ tells me the network id, the site number, and neighboring sites, but it is also getting a lot of errors err1, and doesn't decode many calls.

thewraith2008

Just change the channel number in the .frequencies file until you get the right combination.
That's what we all do when we don't have a DB to go off.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7319

The channel numbers are just generic 00, 01, 02, etc. I'm under the impression each slot needs an entry, right? I'm new to this.

Well, in the case of that system I'm betting you are right - Based upon what i see, I wouldn't trust LCN values for anything but 4 and 5. For the rest of the sites, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could jump.

If you feel the same way, then the only real way of figuring them out is either using a scanner with DMR support and an LCN Finder or using DSDPlus to monitor the CC whilst programming in all of the site freqs (minus the active CC) conventionally into a regular scanner . Then when you see dsdPlus revealing that a particular talkgroup is active on a particular channel, and your scanner stops on digital noise, you can make an educated guess that the frequency the scanner stopped on is the frequency associated with the LCN shown in DSDplus. But do keep in mind that DSDPlus shows LSNs (logical slot numbers), where slot 1/2 = LCn 1, slot3/4 = LCN 2, slot 5/6 = LCN 3 and so on.

Mike

cg

Premium Subscriber
There seems to be a lot of information on that system in the DB so I would guess that someone got a list or got a over the air programming dump.
The best advice is to look at the last line of post 6 and try setting up DSDPlus like that. Since a huge number of Sites have the CC as Channel/LCN 1, that wouldn't be an issue for DSDPlus. However the voice channels would be off.

An easy one like Site 2 might be:
Con+, 127, 2, 1, 454.1750, 0.0, 1
Con+, 127, 2, 3, 454.4000, 0.0, 2
Con+, 127, 2, 5, 454.5125, 0.0, 3

chris

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
There seems to be a lot of information on that system in the DB so I would guess that someone got a list or got a over the air programming dump.

Absolutely do not count on that being the case. Most wide area trunked systems do not use all of the frequencies on any particular license and often use frequencies from other licenses. In the case of the vast majority of sites on this system, if you see five frequencies listed in the DB, there are five frequencies on the license (already a good clue it was taken straight from FCC data).

Ref: Owensburg KY site

This site has one license, with five frequencies, but there are 10 frequencies on the site? And the other five frequencies on that site are licensed for Bowling Green in a different county.

I say somebody added that straight off of an FCC license and didn't even think about the fact that only five of the frequencies were licensed to Owensboro Ky and the other five were licensed to Bowling Green site.

There is very little accurate about the listings on that system as I see it. It's begging for somebody with an LCN Finder and/or DSDPlus or internal knowledge or a real OTA dump for sure.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.