AC Power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Morning all,

So I have a Uniden BCD325P2 and am tired of swapping out batteries constantly. So I am wondering if there are any requirements for a wall adapter for AC power (certain voltage, etc.) and also if the Scanner can just run off of AC so I can plug it into a wall outlet somewhere and just let it run for infinity. I can't seem to find these answers anywhere on the web ...

Thanks in advance

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Use the USB cable that came with the scanner leave it plugged up to the computer or a 120 volt to USB adapter either will work.

120 volt ... so I am wondering if this AC adapter will work.

Says input 100 to 240V, output 2.1 A

I'm assuming the input refers to voltage and the output refers to amps

majoco

Stirrer
The voltage output is what you need to find, although if it's a USB socket it will be 5volts or near enough. The current is not so important as long as the radio doesn't need any more than the 2.1Amps. Just be aware that those small switch mode power units make a lot of radio noise so you might need to find an older transformer type supply.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
The voltage output is what you need to find, although if it's a USB socket it will be 5volts or near enough. The current is not so important as long as the radio doesn't need any more than the 2.1Amps. Just be aware that those small switch mode power units make a lot of radio noise so you might need to find an older transformer type supply.

I am not sure exactly what the unit needs in terms of power. I tried to upload a picture of the wall AC / DC unit but it keeps telling me Upload Failed.

The 2.1 A = 5V according to the plug unit.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
If it will work as a cell phone charger it will work for the scanner.

Really? Seems like a cellphone charger would be too weak but I'm not an expert. I usually use the plug in question that I was considering to run the scanner to charge up my Anker Powercore battery pack (which in turn charges my phone when the power goes out, and I also use it to power my dash cam so I can run it without the car being on).

captncarp

AC power

I use my BC325PC on commercial house power 24/7 using the program cord that came with it plugged in to a wall socket using a AC adapter that has a output of 5v 1000mA.
This set up will run the radio. Usually the cords for cell phone charging have a different plug on the phone end. Main thing is to use the cable that came with the scanner as it has the right plug for the scanner end of the cord. Have never had any noise from this set up on the scanner with VHF Lo or Hi frequencies programmed.
DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.