SDS100/SDS200: revert firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
Received a loaner SDS-100 today (out of the box, first impression - no better than any other radio I have for what I monitor) --

Anyway, thinking about trying the beta f/w but want to be able to get back to the latest "release" f/w if/when I do for various tests/systems/scenarios .... Options?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Look in C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\Updater

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Received a loaner SDS-100 today (out of the box, first impression - no better than any other radio I have for what I monitor) --

Anyway, thinking about trying the beta f/w but want to be able to get back to the latest "release" f/w if/when I do for various tests/systems/scenarios .... Options?
The location indicated by Jon is the location of the last firmware update applied via Sentinel on your PC. That would include the 436/536HP.

However, since you have a 'loaner' SDS100, which you probably have not updated it's firmware via Sentinel, that may not work for you. However, if you have a blank, spare, micro-SD card, you can work around that.

The only official update for the SDS100, applied via Sentinel, is SDS100-_V1_02._03.bin. Take a blank card, use the clear user data option (select 'show all drives'), then select Update Firmware. You'll get a prompt to select which model, so select the SDS100. That will copy the firmware file into the firmware folder on the card. You can then copy the folder contents to your PC to use for reverting from the beta file if so desired.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Are these the Public Release firmware versions?

Reason I ask, I just yesterday, wiped my Windows 10, have the most recent beta and want to revert. I'd use Jon's suggestion but the location doesn't even exist because of the wipe.

I don't know if any beta versions are in there. You choose a folder for what radio.

SCPD

QRT
I don't know if any beta versions are in there. You choose a folder for what radio.

The best firmware in my opinion i found is 1.03.01m and 1.01.05s seems to work a bit better in my situation then the latest beta. although both with me drop signal occasionally in the vhf band...

Status
Not open for further replies.