BC 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
This radio has been working fine for me since I bought years ago. Just updated it and now the radio doesn’t scan and just sits on the 2nd page of the commercial. Is there a hard boot for it? Any know what

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
This radio has been working fine for me since I bought years ago. Just updated it and now the radio doesn’t scan and just sits on the 2nd page of the commercial. Is there a hard boot for it? Any know what
What did you update? Firmware, or programming, or both?

What do you mean about sitting on the second page of the 'commercial'? Are you referring to the second screen of a normal bootup?

'Hard reset' is done by turning the scanner off, then holding down the 2, 9, and Hold keys when you turn it back on. You'll get a prompt asking if you really want to clear the memory, followed by one asking if you want to reload the default systems data. You don't want to reload those; they haven't been updated since the 396T scanner was first released, and are getting towards old enough to vote.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
XT 396

Thank you for your response. It’s a great little radio. The radio would not turn off just sit lthere with the 2nd boot up screen in the display. If I plugged in an AC power supply the screen immediatley displays the second boot up display and again the radio won’t turn off, was nervous to use the external power supply as an on off switch but I had to do what I had to do. With no batteries in the radio I depressed the buttons as you recommended, pluged in the ac power supply and much to my delight the radio cleared itself allowing me to update my new channels. Everything is working fine. Thank you.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your response. It’s a great little radio. The radio would not turn off just sit lthere with the 2nd boot up screen in the display. If I plugged in an AC power supply the screen immediatley displays the second boot up display and again the radio won’t turn off, was nervous to use the external power supply as an on off switch but I had to do what I had to do. With no batteries in the radio I depressed the buttons as you recommended, pluged in the ac power supply and much to my delight the radio cleared itself allowing me to update my new channels. Everything is working fine. Thank you.
Glad it's working for you.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber

I love that little 396XT. It is the best handheld scanner ever made--IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.