BCT15X: Startup Key Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ4LZM

I was experimenting with programming startup keys on about 12 systems. It worked as it should, but now I want to remove the SU keys and just use QK's. I did a reset of the scanner (2,9, hold) and reloaded with 8 systems (conv) with no startup key programmed. After deselecting the states pre-programming (ugg!), I get "Nothing to Scan" message even when I select the programmed QK's. I see the asterisks when the QK's aren't selected, so I assume that its programmed right but still no scanning even with the QK's selected.
What am I missing??
Joe

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
It's possible your SK's locked your systems out, You may have to unlock them. Thats why I don't use them on my 996P2, after I select a SK system it locks my other ones out.

KJ4LZM

This is really frustrating!
I went back and removed all of the SK's from all of the systems (30+) that I had originally had SK's on.
I then sent them to the scanner and they worked as they should. But then I created an new database with other conventional systems that were not included with the database that had the 30+ systems and loaded that database into the scanner and it now show "Nothing to Scan" but with the QK's enabled (on the scanner screen). It seems like the scanner is holding on to the original programming and not allowing any other programming to work.

The Easier to Read manual says this about using Startup Keys:

"Caution: If you press the wrong key when you press the power key to set your startup configuration, and that wrong key doesn't have any systems assigned to that key, you will startup your scanner with all systems locked out. You can't start Key-Safe mode and Startup Configuration at the same time (i.e. Power+Func+Startup Key). Also, you can't cancel Startup Configuration, i.e. have your scanner startup with all systems unlocked they way they were before you used a Startup Configuration (unless you reset your systems, sites, and search ranges to 'no startup key')."

I have done a reset 2 times (2,9,Hold and power on), but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
And, as I said above, I turned off the SK's on everything. No sites because these are all conventional channels.

Is there a deeper reset that wipes the whole memory (including the States programming)??

J

KJ4LZM

Here is a screenshot of QK's active for conventional systems programmed but still "Nothing to Scan" being shown.

What do I need to do to get this to work??

Attachments

• IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 121

lhillin

Premium Subscriber
I agree with UPMan, your issue sounds very similar to what happened to me with my BCD996XT. I followed the steps for unlocking all channels as described in the "easier to read manual", and i was back to normal scanning. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.