Ottawa EDACS Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3yxe

Premium Subscriber
I added the Ottawa EDACS system to my TRX-1 and I see no activity (24-25 June). Lots of activity on P25.

Any ideas? The settings were downloaded using the EZ Scan software. If someone is using a TRX-1 to monitor Ottawa EDACS, could you please share your settings?

.. Thanks

VA3JPX

Hello Dan,

From what I gather, EDACS only has Ottawa Police using Provoice. All other services have moved to P25.

Also, many of the LCN's from EDACS have been recycled and is now used for the P25 System.

Ottawa Police will eventually move to P25 and will be encrypted.

James

ve3yxe

Premium Subscriber
Ottawa EDACS

I did eventually hear EDACS activity on some unpublished talk groups. There is also some OFS activity still on EDACS (hazmat units).

Does anyone know when OPS will move to P25? I discovered some unpublished P25 encrypted talk groups so the transition may have already started?

bpsmicro

They're still testing. A very long and slow process. There likely isn't a set date. They'll do it similarly to Fire: keep testing until they're happy, then flick a switch. The earliest we'll know for sure is immediately after.

Canada Day will likely be a big overall test for the P25 system. If it doesn't melt down under that load, we may see an acceleration.

DaveH

The only analog EDACS activity I've heard recently is OPS vehicle support, TG 373, which is (and always was) analog, counter to what the DB says.

Dave

DaveH

As noted earlier, OFS Hazmat units are still active, heard portables being tested on 2-1 (TG 1361) at 8am this morning.

Dave

DaveH

A bit of analog still active besides OPS vehicle support (373), heard a bit of interop activity on TG 532. Not sure if it's linked to P25 TG 200x as before.

Dave

DaveH

A bit of analog still active besides OPS vehicle support (373), heard a bit of interop activity on TG 532. Not sure if it's linked to P25 TG 200x as before.

Dave

Some sort of OC Transpo testing was done this morning, activity on EDACS TG 532 Interop, which was linked to P25 TG 2001 (which appears not to be Roads specifically, as listed in DB).

Dave

DaveH

Somebody seems to be jumping to incorrect conclusions. TG 2001 is not specifically OC Transpo
or Roads, appears to be interop which could be a number of things. Would be nice if (at least) other
listener could verify.

Dave

pkneeyahx

Human
I still hear OFS doing their regular radio checks on EDACS in the mornings (i'm sure it's patched from the new system though). So it's not just OPS that still use the system.

fmoore

As noted earlier, OFS Hazmat units are still active, heard portables being tested on 2-1 (TG 1361) at 8am this morning.

Dave

As of this morning Hazmat 24 switched over as per the dispatcher during the radio checking run down. I can't confirm if the other Hazmat units have switched over as well.
Frank

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Some decent conditions this evening. For the first time ever I've been able to catch snippets of the EDACS System (West Site) from the home base using the discone antenna on the roof. Not a solid signal but it's been coming in from time to time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.