MotoTRBO Enhanced Privacy DSDPlus

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRadioGuru

Curious if there is a way to get DSDPlus to pass the encrypted audio traffic if someone has the correct key. I'm an authorized user and want to work on a stream setup for our firefighters using DSDplus... issue is some of our talkgroups are using EP. Any suggestions?
*Note: I am not trying to crack any encryption, I have access to the key just need to know if there is a way it can be used in DSDplus.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
That's something that had been talked about in the past and seems like it should be doable, it's just never materialized. Maybe shoot them an email or PM them on here about it... Seems like it would make a good FastLane option at this point. Never hurts to ask!

Muxlow

Super Secret
Id think if it COULD do it.. youd see a bunch of agencies going to better encryption and alot of charges being laid out for "decoding" encrypted stuff

But who knows.. its 2018 and tv stars are running countries. Sooo anythings possible

As to the OP.. Couldnt you just get a radio, program your channels in with your encryption. Add a speaker mic (if its a portable) and put a 3.5 headphone jack in and taadaaaa

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Id think if it COULD do it.. youd see a bunch of agencies going to better encryption and alot of charges being laid out for "decoding" encrypted stuff

But who knows.. its 2018 and tv stars are running countries. Sooo anythings possible

As to the OP.. Couldnt you just get a radio, program your channels in with your encryption. Add a speaker mic (if its a portable) and put a 3.5 headphone jack in and taadaaaa
I'm sure he could, but cheaper and easier to do it with a dongle.

No encryption or anything would be broken by having the functionality in DSD+ provided you know the key. No different than having a radio that is encryption capable, so I don't see legal issues from that respect. It'll be useless for anyone that isn't privy to a key.

And please for the love of God let's not detail this thread with encryption arguments! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.