New DSD+ FastLane - June 28/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Just received it about 20 minutes ago...

From the included notes file...

DSD+ 2.113

USA License Data

June 26, 2018 FCC data was used to create updated FMP/FMP24/FMPA-compatible CSV files.

Per-state files are here:

https://mega.nz/#!11xB2aLJ!gP22-O4AIa1WJZlhREwtZgqnWpdREdtFzj4lah3--I8

A single USA-wide file is here:

https://mega.nz/#!Z1g1HaCZ!476AOvuXzcLW_q6yKcTreFBqtuJOU2OaXuVIaUiqOG0

The DSD+ 2.10 notes explain how to use these files.

Code changes have reduced the size of the DSDPlus.exe file by 50 kB

Memory management changes have reduced the DSD+ memory commit size by 150 MB

Some changes made to error handling

Handling of background messages in the console window / console log has been modified;
background messages should now appear on a separate line

Some changes made to D-Star handling

Added D-Star DTMF decoding/synthesis

Added DMR DTMF/Knox tone decoding/synthesis; Fusion/NXDN tone handling added, but not tested

Some changes made to NXDN radio alias processing

Added elevation data decoding to NXDN AVL messages

Added bearing display from FMPA/FMP24 CSV data; see FMPA notes below

Added decoding and display of P25 extended functions and status queries

Added synthesized audio volume control

Use the cursor up/down keys to adjust output audio gain from 0 dB to -50 dB (muted)
in 0.5 dB steps

The gain level is displayed in the event window title and the channel window title

Analog audio levels can be adjusted with the cursor up/down keys in FMPA and FMP24

FMPA 2.19

In the FMP24.cfg and FMPA.cfg files, the line that defines the distance units (km or miles)
now supports the addition of the word "bearing", for example "miles and bearing" or
"bearing and km"; this tells FMP24 and FMPA to display transmitter bearing values
(0 to 359 degrees) as the mouse is moved over the spectrum display. Bearing data is also
displayed in the console window and passed to DSD+ via TCP link. The order of the words
in the .cfg file control the order (distance, then bearing or bearing, then distance)
in which FMP24, FMPA and DSD+ display distances and bearings.

FMP24 2.40

Some changes made to -b- (bandwidth lock) handling

Added support for signal bearing display; see FMPA notes above

LRRP 1.15

Code changes have reduced the size of the LRRP.exe file by 35 kB

User-selected distance units (miles or km) are now saved in the LRRP.cfg file

Pressing 'B' now moves the LRRP map display to the background, i.e. behind all other
visible windows. LRRP.exe remains in focus, which lets you manipulate the map while
other windows (DSD+. FMP24/FMPA) are visible in the foreground.

LRRP.exe uses the HTTP protocol to connect to Open Streetmap servers to download map tiles,
but those servers now only accept HTTPS connections. We will not be modifying LRRP.exe
to use HTTPS; instead, LRRP.exe now makes local HTTP connections to port 3000.
To enable retrieval of OSM map tiles, users must download and install the stunnel proxy.

The current download location is:

https://www.stunnel.org/downloads/stunnel-5.46-win32-installer.exe

The stunnel installer will walk you through the setup process.
The stunnel.conf file has to be edited; these lines should be present at the end of the file:

[mylocalproxy]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.1:3000
connect = tile.openstreetmap.org:443

When stunnel is installed and configured correctly, LRRP.exe will be able to download
OSM map tiles through the stunnel proxy.

FMP-Map 1.5

User-selected distance units (miles or km) are now saved in the FMP-Map.cfg file

FMP-Map now supports displaying bearings along with distance. This feature is enabled by
Adding the word "bearing" to the sixth line in FMP-Map.cfg

OSM map tile downloads are now made through local port 3000; see LRRP.exe notes above

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
It gets sent out in batches over a few days... I'm not sure on the order it's sent, if it's alphabetical or by when you purchased etc etc. But should be sooner than later.

thewraith2008

FMP24 v2.40 - Error on startup

Seeing this error on startup of FMP24 2.40

Unrecoverable error encountered:
Memory allocation error.
Reservation of 1,073,741,824 bytes of RAM failed
Please report this error to the program author."

gZ97gIK.jpg

This seems to be connected to the use of FMP-FreqList.csv
My FMP-FreqList.csv file is 26.4 MB
Renaming this file eliminates this error.
If FMP-FreqList.csv is empty same error.

FMP24 looks like it's running OK before clicking OK in popup dialog.

Deleting FMP24.dat makes no difference.
Just running FMP24.exe with and without options has same error.

Has been reported to DSDPlus

EDIT: Followup:
Response from DSDPlus to this problem is it maybe only related to 32 bit windows systems.
They are conducting some tests. More to come.

My system is Windows 7 Professional SP1 - 32 bit (4 Core with 4 GB RAM)

Last edited:

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Is DSD fast lane still making it out to everyone, or did they put a hold on, due to a few issues that popped up? Being in the B group, I usually would have received it by now. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

W5RGP

Is DSD fast lane still making it out to everyone, or did they put a hold on, due to a few issues that popped up? Being in the B group, I usually would have received it by now. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven’t gotten mine yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what group I am in. First name is Dave, last name starts with C. Got mine June 29 @ 2:56 AM (21 hours ago)

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Just received it about 20 minutes ago...

LRRP.exe uses the HTTP protocol to connect to Open Streetmap servers to download map tiles,
but those servers now only accept HTTPS connections. We will not be modifying LRRP.exe
To enable retrieval of OSM map tiles, users must download and install the stunnel proxy.

The stunnel.conf file has to be edited; these lines should be present at the end of the file:

[mylocalproxy]
client = yes

When stunnel is installed and configured correctly, LRRP.exe will be able to download

I noticed that when I tried downloading the stunnel program that it was giving me a file not found error. I looked on the site and the program has been updated to 5.47, so just replace 5.46 in the original URL with 5.47 and it downloaded fine. I haven't tried installing and using it yet, but hope the new version will work.

CanesFan95

I noticed that when I tried downloading the stunnel program that it was giving me a file not found error. I looked on the site and the program has been updated to 5.47, so just replace 5.46 in the original URL with 5.47 and it downloaded fine. I haven't tried installing and using it yet, but hope the new version will work.

Thanks for figuring this out. I had the same problem and 5.47 worked. But I have another problem. When running the installer, I get this pop-up prompt:

43115783711_bc898f2b91_o.png

What is this prompt, and really, exactly what is this whole "Stunnel" thing? This prompt asks you several questions including your State and City. I ended up just 'X'ing out of the prompt cos I didn't wanna give out that information. But then the installer still seemed to finish.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for figuring this out. I had the same problem and 5.47 worked. But I have another problem. When running the installer, I get this pop-up prompt:

43115783711_bc898f2b91_o.png

What is this prompt, and really, exactly what is this whole "Stunnel" thing? This prompt asks you several questions including your State and City. I ended up just 'X'ing out of the prompt cos I didn't wanna give out that information. But then the installer still seemed to finish.

From what I gathered, all the info that you add is used to create a certificate to verify the secured connection that you are going to make to your own computer (127.0.0.1) and all HTTPS connections need a valid certificate. The stunnel program tricks the computer into using local instead of going on the internet.

CanesFan95

LRRP.EXE and FMP-Map.EXE both seem to be running fine and allow you to zoom in on the map no problem. But the FMP-Map.EXE window is giving an error:

28246821337_e9c82af2c1_o.png

slicerwizard

LRRP.EXE and FMP-Map.EXE both seem to be running fine and allow you to zoom in on the map no problem.
Probably because you've already downloaded map tiles for your area? Try zooming in on Tokyo...

But the FMP-Map.EXE window is giving an error:
Because you haven't already downloaded the tiles it wants? And you didn't properly install stunnel?

thewraith2008

Reason for Stunnel is explained in "Notes"
Code:
  [b]LRRP 1.15[/b]

[mylocalproxy]
      client = yes

[b]FMP-Map 1.5[/b]
    OSM map tile downloads are now made through local port 3000; see LRRP.exe notes above

All info on Stunnel found here
Downloads here: look for "stunnel-x.xx-win32-installer.exe"
Stunnel HOWTO see "Authentication" section
  • Quick certificate overview
  • What is a certificate?
  • Do I need a valid certificate?
  • Generating the stunnel certificate and private key (pem)

Status
Not open for further replies.