SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Firmware 1.03.01 Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Apply using Sentinel.

1.03.01 Release Notes (06/29/2018)

• Improved situation where P25 systems holding on good signal would miss many coms
  • Improved situation where EDACS systems were missing comms
  • Corrected inconsistent backlight operation
  • Improved Capacity Plus and DMR One-Frequency Trunked performance
  • Fixed DMR LCN Finderissue
  • Appended new display option "Unit ID Name" 1, 2, 3, and 4

The new display option allows you to see Unit ID names that are larger than a single field. The ID is provided in 4 parts. Put these fields next to each other, in order, to see the entire Unit ID.

ems170

Feed Provider
Installing now and will review.

Have you given any thought about allowing customization of the INFO1-3 fields on the detailed sections for those that don't need the quick key status displayed? That is a significant amount of usable real estate.

KF9L

Premium Subscriber
12 hour am/pm option

Have you also thought of adding the ability to give the user the option to select 12 hour am/pm in the radio? Not everyone uses 24 hour format. honestly i hardly know anyone that does. Only a select few. Be nice to have that option

I did however install the latest firmware and so far everything is working great so far. will let know if anything is unusual

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
Have you also thought of adding the ability to give the user the option to select 12 hour am/pm in the radio? Not everyone uses 24 hour format. honestly i hardly know anyone that does. Only a select few. Be nice to have that option

I did however install the latest firmware and so far everything is working great so far. will let know if anything is unusual

I guess I am the opposite. Most people I know in the scanning hobby use 24 hour time because that is what is used on 98% of the agencies that use radios. But as long it is an option, 100% of people can be satisfied!

AvidHiker

Installed! Squelch on p25 does seem better.

Just get used to military time, it'll come in handy one day when you least expect it. And, yeah, I've never heard any emergency service use anything but 24 hour format. Makes perfect sense to default.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Installed! Squelch on p25 does seem better.

Just get used to military time, it'll come in handy one day when you least expect it. And, yeah, I've never heard any emergency service use anything but 24 hour format. Makes perfect sense to default.

It's also really much easier use 24 hour time too. I've been on 24 format for 30 years. It used to drive my wife nuts, but, after a few years she got used to it and actually admits today it's a much better way of telling time.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Well, EDACS is still missing Coms and so is P25 Simulcast. Actually, I thing the last Beta was better.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I've actually discovered a minor bug in this new firmware:

I've customized the bottom display options on 'Simple Trunk' to show these options:
Site ID
RSSI - P25 NAC

This firmware refuses to keep the Site ID choice in the upper line, after every reboot and any read/write attempt from Sentinel. It reverts every time to TGID. Not a big issue, but mildly annoying as I'm using my SDS to help confirm & correct site NAC's here in the tri-state area...

KF9L

Premium Subscriber
no i am not going to just get use to military time never have and never will. In my 38 years i have never had a need or ever used military time and dont see ever using it.Still needs to be 12 hour time am/pm as a option. please keep 24 hour too its just more features. The average person though does not use military time, yes most agencies do but still it should be a option. For those that like it fine but at least give the user the option to select the preference

kikito

Premium Subscriber
I've actually discovered a minor bug in this new firmware:

I've customized the bottom display options on 'Simple Trunk' to show these options:
Site ID
RSSI - P25 NAC

This firmware refuses to keep the Site ID choice in the upper line, after every reboot and any read/write attempt from Sentinel. It reverts every time to TGID. Not a big issue, but mildly annoying as I'm using my SDS to help confirm & correct site NAC's here in the tri-state area...

Stupid question but just in case, did you also install the latest Sentinel 2.00.08?

I ask because I also saw some strange things at first with some fields and then noticed there’s a new version of Sentinel to support the changes in the text fields.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber

I’m gonna agree with ya, I’d like a option of 12/24 clock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ems170

Feed Provider
I believe that I have noticed fewer missed comms on p25 and Mot SZ trunked systems when compared to a 436 and APX. The decode is still very delayed, so the first part (sometimes up to 1/2 of a transmission is clipped.

CT State PD SZ system-

Still missed comms and clipped messages. 436 locked and decoded every time

CT P25 system-

Same as above, 436 and APX performed way better and with higher reliability.

P25 Conventional-

SDS seemed to work well when holding on a channel. When scanning it doesn't seem to pick much up. It is almost like the receiver takes too long to change to and start receiving the frequency that the software is telling it too. This could explain the missed comms when scanning but not held on conventional, and also why it is missing messages when it switches from a control channel to a voice channel.

I have attached logs that are labeled as Mot 4.1, Mot 7.x P25, p25 Conv, and general scanning of all types of systems. I am confident that it didn't make it worse, but it's questionable if it is better.

Click the link to download the debug files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12mXudHV9YPZ1ZSOl8gz-Ay3R3sV8fmgJ/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QLO-yQ8sT-9JP3VKgP_jMvQX5RHJfpwb/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lPn8oEgB3G_Eph9l1-O99bKLNQmsOWOr/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r_CT7cdPxNRs42Gz8zy42RIeKNG_ekCE/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

BigWonton

What is the difference from Unit ID Name 1-4?

For long Unit IDs:

lrGq2LF.jpg

Unit ID Name 1 is the first 16 characters, Unit ID Name 2 is the second 16 characters and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.