BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Uniden database import for an EDACS system, not importing

Status
Not open for further replies.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7081

We have an EDACS system that isn't showing up in the 436/536 full database, Denver Radio Electronics & Technology system, we've tried increasing the range .. Theaton even added talk groups.. Still not showing up.. EDACS Scat system, I'm thinking it's being missed on the download from the database.. Something Upman Can look at???

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It only has one talkgroup that appears to be recently added. When a system has no talkgroups it will not be imported into the Sentinel full database. Now that it has a talkgroup, it should appear in the next update.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
It had a test talk group added just to get it to show up and it didn't work

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's not in the HomePatrol Sentinel, either.

I guess UPMan will have to look into it.

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
It had a test talk group added just to get it to show up and it didn't work

don't advertise you are doing "test" talkgroups, some admins wont add them, and some will look in your history and pull ones you have already added that look like test Talkgroups, such as something really basic like TG 1 "operations"

just FYI. i speak from experience

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
don't advertise you are doing "test" talkgroups, some admins wont add them, and some will look in your history and pull ones you have already added that look like test Talkgroups, such as something really basic like TG 1 "operations"

just FYI. i speak from experience

This brings up a problem that should not be... RadioReference Database is based solely on user input, which ppl add talk groups based on systems downloaded by the database, we should have the ability to download systems with no talk groups so we can find them and add them.. U can't add them if they're not in the database to start with.....

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Besides most of the TG 1 talk groups are radio technicians working on the system

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Program it by hand and put it in Discovery. Old School.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
This brings up a problem that should not be... RadioReference Database is based solely on user input, which ppl add talk groups based on systems downloaded by the database, we should have the ability to download systems with no talk groups so we can find them and add them.. U can't add them if they're not in the database to start with.....

Good luck with that. Uniden won't budge.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Ok just so I'm not reaching for straws, the home patrol, and hp2, 436/536, and even the sds100 does do EDACS Scat analog and it not to be confused with pro voice which my 536 has activated... My bc250d and bcd296d both give the scat option in programming, all the others are just narrow and wide EDACS....

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
After today's update still the 436 didn't get the system, my TRX gets it fine no problem, it's gotta be a Uniden thing.. Last I checked isn't Uniden able to import EDACS and EDACS scat ? It imports Nevadas EDACS system no problem, but since the Denver radio system is a scat designation I wonder if that's the difference, jonw did u say something about Upman maybe could look into it? It's gotta be the uniden import...

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Denver Radio Electronics and Technology, will not load on full database nor can I find it in sentinel under utah where it is supposed to be, it’s an Edacs system, and the location seems to be correct, but the database seems blind to it , even with talkgroups, is it a glitch somehow?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Denver Radio Electronics and Technology, will not load on full database nor can I find it in sentinel under utah where it is supposed to be, it’s an Edacs system, and the location seems to be correct, but the database seems blind to it , even with talkgroups, is it a glitch somehow?

Is it listed in the RR database? If so, can you post a link to it?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Exactly. Just wondering why the OP states that it is supposed to be listed in Utah.

You got in before my edit. The first system I found is in Colorado but there's a second system in Utah. Have to wonder if they're actually the same system.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator

It's an EDACS SCAT system so I'm not sure how Sentinel handles those. Have you checked under Conventional?

The TG listed is actually bogus. Looks like a DB Admin added it so the system would download to scanners.

I'm pretty sure it won't download a SCAT system (I seem to remember this being discussed several ago).

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Here's one discussion from 2018, surprisingly it's from the OP so we know this isn't a new issue.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
No it’s not a new issue cuz it’s not been resolved it’s not downloading to the Uniden scanners but surprisingly it loads to the whistler scanners and to the arc software when i download from the database but not directly to the scanner, this is why it’s being brought up again cuz nothing has been done, the location gps and everything is correct , but it’s not on the full database

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
The SDS100 does show that the system ID is 15h which is something the other scanner or unitrunker hasn’t shown

Status
Not open for further replies.