I Never Hear NYSP Troop K...Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
I regularly drive daily on I-95 from CT through to NYC and see troopers all the time (Should be Troop K, Zone 6). I set my scanner with a tuned VHF antenna to monitor all NYSP frequencies with all correct PL tones programmed of course. I understand that NYSP uses duplex radio system, and need to listen to both frequencies and be relatively close to hear the officer, but for months I have not heard a peep from NYSP. Anything new going on here, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
As Bill points out, I-95 New England Thruway is patrolled by Troop T, aka the NYS Thruway troopers. You'll have to scan 453.425/453.525 to hear them (along with the rest of the crap on that system, unfortunately)

bob550

Premium Subscriber
....You'll have to scan 453.425/453.525 to hear them (along with the rest of the crap on that system, unfortunately)

You apparently feel that the interchange roll call and WX report at the top of the hour isn't filled with heart-stopping excitement? Boy, you just can't please everyone! ;)

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Troops are using radios less and less...In car computers and cell phones fixed that. Besides what was said about the Tway patrolling that section of highway.

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
So I’ve been listening to the two thruway frequencies for the past 3 hours and haven’t heard a peep. I’m in Stamford, CT and have a base antenna.

Bill1426

Hmm.. I removed the Avoid (Lockout) on those freqs. and it's quiet.. WOW, usually within 10 minutes, I'm looking to hit the AVOID (Lockout) button.

As I was writing this, there were 2 calls on 453.525 PL 97.4 for I-95. But unusually quiet.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Troops are using radios less and less...In car computers and cell phones fixed that. Besides what was said about the Tway patrolling that section of highway.

maybe up near you. Near me Troop K and F are very active on the radio.

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
Just listened again. Seems too far away from my base scanner as I had to really had to lower the squelch. I’ll keep this on when I’m on the freeway next time, thank you everyone!

To confirm now, Troop K covers 684 and the rest of Westchester County?

Status
Not open for further replies.