• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone AT-D868UV Clock Ticking Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
I've got this problem with my Anytone AT-D868UV handheld radio. I didn't notice this issue before, and I have done a few firmware upgrades since I purchased it, so I don't know if the sound was introduced in one of those. I did go back one firmware version (1.29) and the sound is still there.

The sound is a ticking sound that is in relation to the colon in the clock on the lcd screen blinking on, then off, so there are two click sounds for every second. It only makes this sound when the squelch is open, and is most apparent when no one is talking on the frequency, just an open sqelch, like when someone opens the repeater but doesn't talk. It may be there when people are talking but I don't notice it.

Thanks
Marc W1MCX

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I've got this problem with my Anytone AT-D868UV handheld radio. I didn't notice this issue before, and I have done a few firmware upgrades since I purchased it, so I don't know if the sound was introduced in one of those. I did go back one firmware version (1.29) and the sound is still there.

The sound is a ticking sound that is in relation to the colon in the clock on the lcd screen blinking on, then off, so there are two click sounds for every second. It only makes this sound when the squelch is open, and is most apparent when no one is talking on the frequency, just an open sqelch, like when someone opens the repeater but doesn't talk. It may be there when people are talking but I don't notice it.

Thanks
Marc W1MCX

I can't seem to be able to duplicate your problem on CPS 1.30 & FW 2.30. Just to be clear firmware version 1.29 is for the 1st generation hardware. I'm not sure the results if you cross firmware versions.

Do you have an priority channels turned on. Often ticking or interruptions in the voice heard is the sign of priority channel on. Seeing it synced to the colon I doubt is the source of the problem only a symptom. If it goes away when the clock is off then I am wrong. :D

Mike

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
I can't seem to be able to duplicate your problem on CPS 1.30 & FW 2.30. Just to be clear firmware version 1.29 is for the 1st generation hardware. I'm not sure the results if you cross firmware versions.

Do you have an priority channels turned on. Often ticking or interruptions in the voice heard is the sign of priority channel on. Seeing it synced to the colon I doubt is the source of the problem only a symptom. If it goes away when the clock is off then I am wrong. :D

Mike

I mistook my firmware version, it is 2.29, and was 2.30 before I downgraded. You are correct that it appears to be a symptom, because I now notice that the sound occurs whenever I change the view of the screen while the squelch is open. For instance, if I go to my Menu area and go through the screens while someone is on the repeater, the radio will make a scratching sound each time the screen changes its view.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
When I first received my Anytone D868, I had a similar "ticking" problem. At that time, if I recall correctly, the workaround was to turn off the clock display. Sometime later a firmware update was issued to address the problem but I never turned the clock display back on since.

cessna_172

Mine has the same issue despite several firmware updates. Now running firmware version 2.30 on latest hardware build. Does not matter whether the clock display is on of off, the issue persists. Could be something beyond a firmware fix but just a guess. Will be nice if it can be addressed with a firmware update.

cessna_172

Whatever it is, is generated within the radio its self. It's going to have to be a hardware or firmware fix..

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Whatever it is, is generated within the radio its self. It's going to have to be a hardware or firmware fix..

I agree 100%. The noise generated from this radio's display will even interfere with another radio if you position them close enough. Other than this issue which doesn't bother me much
I think this is the best of the cheap Chinese radios on the market so far. The receive audio from the speaker blows away any Uniden portable scanner I've had and I've had them all.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
I agree 100%. The noise generated from this radio's display will even interfere with another radio if you position them close enough. Other than this issue which doesn't bother me much
I think this is the best of the cheap Chinese radios on the market so far. The receive audio from the speaker blows away any Uniden portable scanner I've had and I've had them all.

It's obvious that I'm not the only one having this issue. It is a good radio, and until someone else comes out with a dual band dmr that performs as well as this one does, I'll probably hang onto it.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
I did reach out to the vendor that I purchased it from through Amazon and they were nice enough to offer for me to send it back to them to take a look at it. I purchased it over 6 months ago. I just received another unit back from them, and this one has the same issue. It isn't new in-box but I don't think it was the same one I sent to them. Oh well.

KD8DVR

This is a well documented issue. Some units have it, others do not. Not a dealbreaker for me and both of mine have it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
This is a well documented issue. Some units have it, others do not. Not a dealbreaker for me and both of mine have it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

As someone mentioned already, it only seems to affect analog. Digital comms don't seem to be affected.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
I also have the issue with the clock NOT displayed.

It's too bad as this radio seems pretty solid to me. I don't have a major issue with the clicking sound EXCEPT that if/when I go to sell it, it will have this fault.

I wonder if we'll ever see a fix for this issue down the road.

cessna_172

It seems that with the latest firmware, v2.33, the clicking issue has been resolved. I have only had the update less than 24 hours but so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.