Duluth Airshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAFC

Hi Guys,

I am going to the Duluth air show this weekend and I am wondering about which radio frequencies I should be monitoring at the show. I already have the Thunderbird frequencies programmed into my scanner, as well as KDLH tower & ground. I also have an "Air Boss" frequency that I found here in the RR database under "airshows" but I'm not sure if that is the air boss frequency specifically used at the show in Duluth?

Are there any other frequencies that I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

10-7Goodnight

I know last year for the airshow the airboss freq. was 119.5 Not sure if they'll use that again. I'm going to listen to the approach and tower tomorrow and they'll say it.

AAFC

I know last year for the airshow the airboss freq. was 119.5 Not sure if they'll use that again. I'm going to listen to the approach and tower tomorrow and they'll say it.

That is different from the freq listed for airboss in the RR database. I will be sure to add that to my scanner.

Thank you!

Eugene

You may want to check prohibited items first as scanners have been showing up as prohibited (were at Langley VA airshow)

Eugene KG4AVE

AAFC

You may want to check prohibited items first as scanners have been showing up as prohibited (were at Langley VA airshow)

Eugene KG4AVE
The Duluth airshow was this past weekend and everything went fine. Thanks to 10-7Goidnight I had the correct freq for the airboss. Not allowing scanners is silly. They have been a big part of the aviation spotting hobby for decades. As far as I know Duluth does not have the no-scanner rule. I've never been stopped and told that I couldn't have it..... and it's not like I was hiding it.

I had no idea that some air shows were not allowing scanners. I will keep that in the back of my head and be on the lookout for those rules to pop up at future air shows. Thanks for your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.