Holding AFTER hitting Dept key...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake68111

I know there is a way to do it without mashing buttons and making my scanner sound like R2D2.....

Here's an example from which I will ask the question(s);

On both my 536 and 100, I sometimes hold on a site. Once that is "held" I hit the DEPT key and scroll to the DEPT that I want to listen to..... When I do this, thinking that the scanner will HOLD on the Department I stopped on, the scanner resumes scanning. Is there a way, AFTER holding onto the site, to hit the DEPT key once then scroll to the department I want to listen to AND have the scanner HOLD on the Dept. There has to be a trick. Do I hit the DEPT button again after scrolling to it? I normally just wait till there is traffic on that DEPT and hold then.

Shady, explanation, at best but any input would be greatly appreciated.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Press DEPT to hold. press DEPT again and scroll to the department you want to hold on. It should stay on that department till you press DEPT again. You do need to begin scrolling through department right away after pressing DEPT the second time or else it will release the department hold.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Note on this...whatever your trying to “lock” onto must be within the range setting on the radio. Anything not within the range will not display as your scrolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.