Loudon, Roane, And Blount County Radio Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
All 3 counties will be required to upgrade to Apx radios before fall 2019 because Motorola is no longer supporting xts radio models From then on.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
The radios work right now, but are not supported and fully discontinued. So if a part breaks, or an new flash update is needed, your out of luck. And when TN finally says OKAY guys, no more FDMA its time for TDMA only,... Again, your out of luck. There are a lot of agencies on many systems that also decided to be cheap and not start replacing radios and upgrading to current standards that are now also in the got no choice slot. Like many users here on the IDPS systems,.. Most users run XTS radios, which are all disconned, and no longer supported. They now are going to have to replace around three quarters of the radio fleets as only a few users have APX radios. Being cheap is all well and good for some things, but in instances like this, its actually stupid, and costs more in the long run and puts you in no win situations.

SCPD

QRT
The radios work right now, but are not supported and fully discontinued. So if a part breaks, or an new flash update is needed, your out of luck. And when TN finally says OKAY guys, no more FDMA its time for TDMA only,... Again, your out of luck. There are a lot of agencies on many systems that also decided to be cheap and not start replacing radios and upgrading to current standards that are now also in the got no choice slot. Like many users here on the IDPS systems,.. Most users run XTS radios, which are all disconned, and no longer supported. They now are going to have to replace around three quarters of the radio fleets as only a few users have APX radios. Being cheap is all well and good for some things, but in instances like this, its actually stupid, and costs more in the long run and puts you in no win situations.

And now milf they are going have to try get another radio grant. Here goes some more taxpaying money to pay out that the county does not have.

surfacemount

Knox / Roane / Loudon counties, Tennessee
And now milf they are going have to try get another radio grant. Here goes some more taxpaying money to pay out that the county does not have.

That's where I was going with that. There are a lot of volunteer fire departments, etc, that didn't have the budget to get the radios they got. I don't think there's any more Nextel money, so I don't know what people are going to do.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
They should be eligible for a DHS/FEMA grant,.. Though those are getting harder to come by these days. They do meet the guidelines for format in P25, etc.... And yeah they will have to do it piecemeal if they can not get a full grant. And pray the XTS's do not have any issues until they can get them replaced. (Possibly another agency doing the ebay shuffle here.... Never a good thing, but that's life.)

N2AL

They should be eligible for a DHS/FEMA grant,.. Though those are getting harder to come by these days. They do meet the guidelines for format in P25, etc.... And yeah they will have to do it piecemeal if they can not get a full grant. And pray the XTS's do not have any issues until they can get them replaced. (Possibly another agency doing the ebay shuffle here.... Never a good thing, but that's life.)

In my opinion, eBay is about the worst place to buy radios. Or any other electronics for that matter. I have saw a lot of people burned on that site. For government agencies, I recommend GovDeals. Or better yet find agencies replacing their radios and see if they can donate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.