FLDIGI w/HDSDR Controlled by a Yaesu-FT-950

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultravista

I control HDSDR with a Yeasu-FT-950 via an RSP2 and OminiRIG. All is good here ...

I would like to use FLDIGI to decode digital modes. For reasons unknown, I cannot get anything into FLDIGI.

Nothing appears in the FLDIGI waterfall and the output screen is just a string of gibberish characters. The gibberish characters appear with and without the radio on.

Since the rig is controlled by OmniRIG, I cannot get rig control to work within FLDIGI. Not that big of a deal.

I would like FLDIGI to 'listen' in the background and decode what is hears. With that said, how the heck can I get this to work?

Using the machines microphone, and configured in FLDIGI, doesn't seem to do anything. I must me missing something and it is driving me nuts.

spongella

Premium Subscriber
I use FlDigi for WEFAX mainly and at times for RTTY. What are you trying to decode? I use an RTL-SDR with upconverter. Software is SDR# and VB Cable to pipe the audio to the sound card.

Sounds like perhaps the audio is not getting piped to FLDigi.

And yes, gibberish characters will appear even if no audio is being piped.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I believe that the companion FLRig program is required in this case to work with FLDigi; check this site out...

W1HKJ Software

and in case no one answers here, there is a support group on groups.io. Unfortunately it looks like the UMC site has crashed, but I managed to find it..

https://groups.io/g/winfldigi

Mike

ultravista

Thank you for the links. This may be the missing piece.

Can you tell me why CW is a string of gibberish character?

With the virtual audio cable, I am able to see the signal and select it. Still gibberish. I expected to be able to read it as plain text.

Status
Not open for further replies.