Unlisted Lubbock Co Towns FDs TGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobytwo

I heard what I believe was Buffalo Springs Lake Fire on TG 20566. Looking at known Fire & PDs for each town the Fire is one talkgroup higher than the police. Going on this theory Slaton Fire would be 20558. Abernathy Fire would be 20560. Any thoughts?

Ransom Canyon is the only town not listed on the 800 system, I wonder if there are any plans for them to join or do they have talkgroups already and just not used it yet.

Are there any plans for the utilitiies ( water, street etc) of the smaller towns to be on the system?

Last edited:

FireJustin

I haven't spent a lot of time on the small town units, other than in passing and random conversations. It stands to reason that the numbering convention would remain constant. I have heard different arguments that Slaton or Abernathy are on 20553 or 20569, but I haven't confirmed any of this.
I don't know that it's cost effective for any of the small towns to move utilities to the system. It seems to me that the only reason public safety agencies are is for the shared dispatch through LCSO and interoperability with one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.