SDS100/SDS200: Sds100 bluetooth transmitter interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

racing1

How can I see how much interference my bluetooth transmitter is making so I can I know if my channels are just normally quiet OR the transmitter is causing the scanner to miss calls?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Unplug and turn off the Bluetooth, and see if you get more traffic.

racing1

Unplug and turn off the Bluetooth, and see if you get more traffic.
Yes even going analyze,system status,and the go to the site I'm holding on to shows a noticable drop in signal,quality and activity when plugged in and turned on. I want to use my external speaker but it doesnt have a aux port.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The reason Bluetooth isn't built in is because it generates RFI that interferes with reception. Your only other option is to use a patch cable between the scanner and Bluetooth transmitter that has ferrites on it to block RFI from traveling down the cable, and get the Bluetooth transmitter as far from the scanner and antenna as possible.

325xia

Premium Subscriber
I have no interference with my Aluratek Bluetooth Transmitter attached to the rear of my SDS-100 and the earphone jack It's the most convenient way for me to use this radio.

jbella

Premium Subscriber
Major disappointment that my new car does not have a line in. <rolleyes> I've been running my 436 through the car audio as long as I had the old car.

I was looking into a BT tx but anything that is gonna interfere with reception is a no go. Looks like more external speakers will be going in the car.

Major disappointment that my new car does not have a line in. <rolleyes> I've been running my 436 through the car audio as long as I had the old car.

I was looking into a BT tx but anything that is gonna interfere with reception is a no go. Looks like more external speakers will be going in the car.

It's usually pretty easy for a car stereo shop to add an aftermarket line in jack to a modern radio.

Note: "easy", not necessarily "cheap"

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber

In one of my cars the jack was "hidden" in the between front seat console on the bottom in the back.

Likely you looked closely, but it never hurts to double check using a bright flashlight.

Good Luck,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.