SAR underway James River @ Newport News

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
A small boat collided with a tug this morning opposite the coal piers. Waterway has been cut off between James River Bridge & I-664 delaying the Gerald R. Ford's return to NN, the Balsa 92's egress from Hopewell, and who knows who else. Very little on the news, and much of what I'm seeing is on a ship tracking app.

From what I can tell, 4 people have been recovered and two are still missing. News reports indicate that the staging area is Huntington Park boat ramp, there's a Command Post at 23rd St. with park there possibly closed.

So there might be some good listening. I'm going to be down that way in the 1:30-2:00p zone tomorrow afternoon, but things might be getting back to normal by then. This happened at a place that would be difficult to see anywhere but from that park at the end of 23rd St.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
One body was found this morning around 0630 in between piers 5 and 6 ,2nd was found a little later near 20 something street

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I was down there yesterday when the Gerald Ford was moved and the called the search off. Noted no special radio traffic, but am glad they found the bodies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
On Saturday at around 9ish I saw the Marine Police pickup towing a trailer, I’m assuming with dive equipment going NB on 664 from Bowers Hill. Thought it was odd the truck I lay had lights and wasn’t running a siren

Status
Not open for further replies.