SDS100/SDS200: Unit ID or Unit Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed on the SDS100 since I had it if I put Unit ID in Conv Detail or Trunk Detail it shows unit id no problem when I put unit name on both conv and trunk detail it won't show the unit id. Has anyone has this problem?

marksmith

I have noticed on the SDS100 since I had it if I put Unit ID in Conv Detail or Trunk Detail it shows unit id no problem when I put unit name on both conv and trunk detail it won't show the unit id. Has anyone has this problem?
Mine is working fine in trunk detail.

Make sure you use a long enough field.

I replaced service type with unit name and moved service type to another shorter field, because it fits in one shorter than its default.

The unit id name needs a longer field.

Mark
SDS100/536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I've had this set up since I had the unit. Here is 2 screen shots

Attachments

• ScreenShot138.jpg
    ScreenShot138.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 599
  • ScreenShot137.jpg
    ScreenShot137.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 561

phask

Premium Subscriber

What firmware? Latest BETA seemed to break it for me, rolled back and works.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have the lastest FW. I looked in the Sentinel and not able to save or name TG in Conv mode. Only works in Trunking or OFT you can add or name it.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You can't name unit IDs or talkgroup IDs on a conventional channel with any Uniden scanner. So there's no point in putting the Unit ID Name field on a conventional channel screen layout.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
You can't name unit IDs or talkgroup IDs on a conventional channel with any Uniden scanner. So there's no point in putting the Unit ID Name field on a conventional channel screen layout.

So conventional NXDN definitely does not send unit names?

[Edit: I did some research [i.e., I googled it]. It looks like NXDN does send OTAs also on conventional channels, but Uniden just doesn't show OTAs. That's unfortunate.]

Last edited:

Ubbe

....It looks like NXDN does send OTAs also on conventional channels....

I have several conventional NXDN channels but they do not send any names that can be seen on a TRX scanner or DSD+. It's probably a feature that has to be set, and probably bought, in the basestation controller and not all channels will have it. It seems more logical to use that feature in a big trunked system and not on a single conventional channel.

/Ubbe

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
What I cannot figure out is how to change a unit ID name on the SDS100? I've got it to show the names in the detailed trunk mode but I want to change some of my early entries or even update some unit numbers but I cannot find a way to edit it in the scanner in any mode or in the settings? Can anyone help with this issue I'm having? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Menu \ Manage Favorites \ [select favorite] \ Review / Edit System \ [select system] \ Edit Unit IDs

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
It only works if the 2way radio company programs the info in the NXDN radios
On my NX5300 the radio sends the ID info programmed into the radio.
On my SDS100 the NX5300 info is Displayed as UNIT ID NAME.
On my x36's the NX5300 info is only displayed when programmed as a 1 Channel Trunked System in the scanner.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Menu \ Manage Favorites \ [select favorite] \ Review / Edit System \ [select system] \ Edit Unit IDs
Thanks Jon I was missing it obviously. I didn't realize it was storing the unit or radio IDs where it was and I must have glazed over that option even though I knew I had seen it in the radio in the past. I appreciate the help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.