Pro 651 keypad trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8zdf

I read somewhere, There was a keypad trick that worked on the pro 651 radio shack scanner and a few of the same other models that allowed you to hold down a couple keypad buttons at power on of the scanner and it would allow you to permanently shut off the keypad light. So when you hit the light button only the screen would come on or off. Does this joggle anyone brain? I have search the forums here, and yahoo groups but was pretty sure it used to be posted here. It was a trick or secret find. If anyone has info that would be great! Thanks.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
It was a trick or secret find. If anyone has info that would be great! Thanks.

Listed on page 47 of the Pro 651 Owner's Manual under "GLOBE Menu Reference"

kc8zdf

Thanks guys for the replies. You guys are kinda close but it wasn't a default keypad trick as you guys have shown me with that info. You held down zero and clr key or something to that matter while turning on the scanner and it would shut off the lower half of the keypad but leave the screen back light on. Sure I know there is this setting in the scanner it self that stats both, keypad or stealth but it over rides the setting permanently and I can't remember the senescence for the life of me. lol. it worked on a few scanners including this model.

Thanks for the help. I may have read it in one of the yahoo groups but can't find it anywhere. Thought I read it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.