Statewide IHERN/MED info

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Okay, time to update this! Are all the listed tones in use for the IHERN at hospitals still accurate? Same for the UHF MEDs? I know that almost every medical facility in IN is now linked in to SAFE-T but all still have the VHF IHERN active, and the larger ones also have the UHF MEDs. So I am hoping to get current data to be sure this listing in the DB is up to snuff.

JasonTracy

W9TCP
All hospitals in Indiana have this?
I don't see Columbus Regional Health listed, which is my neck of the woods.
I'll start monitoring, but do you know if there is any regular test traffic?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
IHERN is at all of them yes. 155.3400. The UHF MEDs are at a lot, but not all hospitals. All Hospitals have SAFE-T access using the IDOH Tgs. And if there are any that do not, they should in very near future. I have not heard IHERN get tested, and it will be used frequently if your hospital is not on any TRS, or patched into an TRS. Many private EMS agencies are not on SAFE-T, or local TRS systems and thus use the IHERN or UHF MEDs for EMS to ER/ED contact and patient reports. Here in INDY the IHERN is directly patched into the IDPS TRS.

Last edited by a moderator:

JasonTracy

W9TCP
Yeah, I found that shortly after I posted. I've added them all to my scanner and will leave those running while I'm not using it to monitor SAFE-T (usually overnight), and have my scanner set to record audio and CTCSS.

Nothing so far, but I'll keep it up for a few weeks.

DiGiTaLD

I can tell you for a fact that nowadays, IHERN is being set up as carrier squelch only. No PLs, no "direct dial" like back in the day, just straight NFM analog simplex carrier squelch.

155.34 CSQ - IHERN Local
155.28 CSQ - IHERN Regional

In all practicality, the only IHERN frequency used is 155.34, at least in Central Indiana. 155.28 is the legacy intra-hospital frequency. For all practical purposes, 155.28 is deprecated, even though some facilities maintain gear on it, no one uses it.

DJ11DLN

Terre Haute FD ambulances use it to talk to Union and Regional, info in the DB is correct for that area. Other than that, I never hear anything on IHERN. I think a lot of EMT/Paramedic to hospital comms are just cellular these days, at least in this area.

N9IIT

Here in INDY the IHERN is directly patched into the IDPS TRS.

Is that a full time patch now? "Back in the day" you had to request the patch from IHERN to the Indy system (MECA or IDPS) from what was then the Wishard control operator (now Eskanazi control?)

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yes it is a full time patch. And being that it is an direct one it sucks as the full static and all from the VHF analog is heard on the P25.... Lovely crap in glorious digital. And its IEMS that controls it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.