listen to scanner w/ Bluetooth earphone ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
To keep the "little woman" happy, I am listening to the SDS100 scanner w/ (wired) earphones tonight. I hate the wire being in the way all the time. A real pain in the ####. Is there anything I can do to allow me to listen to the scanner with a Blue Toothed headset? How true the saying, "If Mama ain't happy, then no one will be happy". Thank You for listening. Have a great evening.

boy7777777777

I use one all the time with my 436hp. It’s called a Bluetooth transmitter. It plugs into the headphone jack. If you listen to very weak signals it will cause the scanner to not receive them.

Valeriy

To keep the "little woman" happy, I am listening to the SDS100 scanner w/ (wired) earphones tonight. I hate the wire being in the way all the time. A real pain in the ####. Is there anything I can do to allow me to listen to the scanner with a Blue Toothed headset? How true the saying, "If Mama ain't happy, then no one will be happy". Thank You for listening. Have a great evening.

When I have my scanners connected to the PC, I listen to them with a Bluetooth headphone.
PC-produced RFI, WiFi and Bluetooth radiation might desensitize the radios, though...

llwade

Premium Subscriber
did not realize there was actually an item to "transmit" from the speaker jack. went on Amazon and ordered Tao Trfonics Transmitter/Receiver. Sure hope I got the right thing. this will be awsome. I have a real nice pair of blue tooth headphones. this will sure make life a little easier and enjoyable. thanks for your input

rcool101

Feed Provider
Umm.... when you boys get older they make bluetooth hearing aids..I can listen to a feed or any audio on my smartphone thru my aids

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
llwade - if its an older scanner like Whistler or Uniden then you can use a Bluetooth Transmitter/Receiver dongle , you can get them on Amazon pretty cheap , just make sure its LOW Latency other wise there will be disruptions in your Audio. I bought a Radio Shack BT dongle and use it all the time on my PRO-688 and I use Radio Shack BT headphones , I got them both as RS was shutting down. also of NOTE is the NEW Whistler TRX-100 and 200 scanners will have Bluetooth built in. the AOR DV-10 and the ICOM IC-R30A both have Bluetooth and GPS out of the BOX.

Status
Not open for further replies.