Beach Replenishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Ocean County Crew,

Anyone have the scoop what the beach replenishment crews are using off the Seaside / Ortley area I am sure they must have radios to talk ship to shore.

Thanks

Tony

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Last year they were using a uhf channel, want to say 451.xxxx frequency and a marine vhf channel on the barge.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
They are using Marine Radio Channel 1 off Ortly. I hear the boats loud and clear, the guys on the beach are on portables. RN Weeks, EL Ellefson and BE Lindholm are off Ortly and RS Week and magdalen are off LBI, some times the RN and or BE will run down to LBI and work. You'll also hear a bunch on support boats and tugs. They go up to the Weeks Marine yard in the Gleenville section of Jersey City and to take on fuel in Elizabeth.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/

mondaro

Feed Provider
Good work sir - one less agency I have for my homework assignment when I am on my vacation in seaside in a few short weeks - I hope it stops raining LOL -

jaymatt1978

Down here in Cape May the DPW rakes the beaches every night around 10 P.M. I know because they drive past my house on the way to the beach!!! Not a lot of communications going on but evert now and then I hear a bilp

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Tony, I'm also hearing them on Marine channel 66. Today one of their tugs lost power and washed up on the beach in Lavallette, I hear them talking on 66.

Attachments

• 37707286_10216737726384743_1280201047947608064_n.jpg
    37707286_10216737726384743_1280201047947608064_n.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 353

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
If you want to listen when your not in the area, this is one of my many feeds a run. It's in TR right on the bay in Shelter cove. It has a lot of interesting stuff and you can see who's talking because the alpha tags display when you use Winamp and Itunes. Enjoy.

Ocean County Fire and EMS - Northern

Regards
JP

mondaro

Feed Provider
I am building my comm / scanner plan for summer vacation, there been talk about USCG freqs just wondering if he can confirm any on that scene today. Thanks,

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Beach replenishment started this week in Seaside Park, that operation is on marine radio channel 74, the dredge that's doing that job in the C R MCCASKILL.

Also, some interesting listening is Boat US towing operations on marine channel 5.

mondaro

Feed Provider
If you want to listen when your not in the area, this is one of my many feeds a run. It's in TR right on the bay in Shelter cove. It has a lot of interesting stuff and you can see who's talking because the alpha tags display when you use Winamp and Itunes. Enjoy.

Regards
JP

JP,

Love your feed, you and Elias do a wonderful job in Ocean County, Do you have Tri Boro EMS
on your feed, Thanks Again !!

Tony

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Tri Boro is in it, I had to unlock some of their tac channels because I was getting Long Island EMS on it all the time. LOL If you open the feed in Winamp or Itunes you can see the ALPHA TAG's

mondaro

Feed Provider
Thanks Again, I will be in Seaside on my annual vacation starting today I will post my close call finds, I also have a homework assignment from Elias dealing with Seaside Park will report my progress or lack thereof, LOL.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.