BCD325P2/BCD996P2: what's going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmi8dy

purchased a new 996p2 about six months ago. already had two of these 996p2's and am very satisfied. the new one is the problem. while scanning a system on michigan's mpscs system, it takes 9 seconds to complete a system scan with only 13 talk groups. all 996 p2's are programed 100 % the same. all the 996 p2's have the same systems including their system numbering. all 996 p2's are using the supplied antenna. squelch setting is all the same. this situation is only happening on the new 996p2 so what's going on here? thanking everyone who responds.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Talkgroups on trunked systems are not scanned, so the number of programmed talkgroups is tstally irrelevant to scan speed. The only thing that matters is how many sites are scanned. The Range setting in the one scanner is likely different than the other, making it scan more sites. Or else the location GPS coordinates are different.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroups on trunked systems are not scanned, so the number of programmed talkgroups is tstally irrelevant to scan speed. The only thing that matters is how many sites are scanned. The Range setting in the one scanner is likely different than the other, making it scan more sites. Or else the location GPS coordinates are different.

Range? - it's a 996.

Either number of sites, or possible interference from the other scanners or just a "bad" one.

kmi8dy

i had a brain fart, i just thought of something i did not think of before. i went ahead and completely erased that specific system and re-entered it. working fine now. thanks to all.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
What did you think of that made you delete the system and start over which fixed the problem?

jasonhouk

My mistake. The scanner still has GPS functionality, and if the scanner location is set differently, it will scan different/more/fewer sites.
Incorrect, location is only activate in the 996 series when GPS is connected and receiving location. No manual entry of any kind.

Houk

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It doesn't use last known location if GPS is disconnected?

jasonhouk

It doesn't use last known location if GPS is disconnected?
If you disconnect/turn off your GPS unit, you will see 'No GPS Input' in GPS display mode and the scanner will return to scanning any sites/groups that the scanner*did not temporary lock out.

Houk

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.