Black Canyon City FD absorbed by Daisy Mtn Fire/Medical 1 year ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

I don't know how many of you were aware, I only found out several minutes ago courtesy of Daisy Mtn Fire and Medical on their Facebook page, that Daisy Mtn absorbed Black Canyon City FD a year ago this month. (I don't see any posts in regards to this.)

Station 143 is located in Black Canyon City. I assume it's the old station 331.

The infrastructure to bring them properly online with the Phoenix FD RDC is still a work in progress, which is why responses in BCC are shown as A-4 mutual aid assignments on the public CAD page, instead of first due assignments on A-10 or a K-deck channel.

John
Peoria

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
BCC calls are still being dispatched on the BCC VHF freqs as listed in the Yavapai db. Don't think the Daisy Mtn/New River RCS site has coverage in the canyon; even Towers High would be problematic, except maybe the Sunset Point area.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
Drove thru on a trip south, Fire Station still says BCFD, units still id'ing as 33X series on the VHF.

On the 436, no reception of RWC in the canyon.
Towers site comes up at Sunset Point. Spotty A1 coverage as well.

KB7MIB

I've found several media articles about the merger, and DMF&M mentions it on both their official website and Facebook page. Former station 331 is now station 143 as of July 1st, 2017. The infrastructure is still a work in progress as far as radio communications and the online CAD page goes.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.