Niagara Region Project 25 Phase II System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor_425

Noticed today that St. Catharines fire was operating occasionally on Niagara Regions P25 Phase 2 System...From what i could determine the new talkgroup id's are 5212, 5213 and 5214. from what i can gather dispatch is done on 5212, and i believe both 5213 and 5214 are TAC channels. Heard them dispatch a fire on st paul st on 5212, and then operated on 5213 for the duration of the fire.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
:confused: I have been listening into the Niagara Region Project 25 Phase II System and have not herd any encrypted audio from the Niagara regional Police, NOTHING. Also no traffic on the Niagara Falls Fire or St Catharines fire. This system is completely quiet, is it not up and running yet. There should be some traffic on this system. any information would be helpful.
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Fire is up and running just heard there radio tests on tg 5201

Strange I herd nothing, I have the system set as Motorola Apco25
and I have it set in ID Search Mode, I only have two to three bars on the
signal, think that should be good enough signal to pick up the system ??
Steve

mciupa

Strange I herd nothing, I have the system set as Motorola Apco25
and I have it set in ID Search Mode, I only have two to three bars on the
signal, think that should be good enough signal to pick up the system ??
Steve

Do you have a newer scanner than the 396 listed in your signature?

inmarsat

I have a Gre psr800 from the RR data base it will give the sites but the only talk groups that come up are police which of coarse are encrypted....i had too go into the scanlist which I put the sites in and add a wild card for talk group id....than sort through them....not picking up any St Kits traffic though.....VE3BEE

ATCTech

The old 396t won't and never will decode pure P25 P2 systems Steve. It will do the P1 side (only) of a hybrid P1/P2 like Metrolinx.

ATCTech

Not even sure it does 6.25 kHz channel spacing.... if I knew at one time in the past I've forgotten. I don't think I've changed programming in mine since SDR#/Airspy/DSD+ etc. etc.... came along. I don't do much mobile listening.

Edit - No, I did add Toronto P25 for TFD a couple of years ago and that's a 6.25 kHz spacing 770 MHz system, again only P1 though.

ATCTech

I'll let it run on FMP24/DSD+ for a few days and see what shows up here if nobody else confirms first.

Edit: It didn't take but 30 minutes and I saw t/g 5201 (Niagara Falls Fire Dispatch per the database here) active in P2 mode but not encrypted.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Taylor_425

I'll let it run on FMP24/DSD+ for a few days and see what shows up here if nobody else confirms first.

Edit: It didn't take but 30 minutes and I saw t/g 5201 (Niagara Falls Fire Dispatch per the database here) active in P2 mode but not encrypted.

Cheers!
I've been monitoring everything for about a week with OP25, and can confirm that TG 5201 is Niagara Falls Fire Dispatch, 5202 is TAC 2, I believe 5203 is TAC 3 cant confirm this yet due to low traffic on it.

Ive also noticed St Catharines fire Talkgroups showing up 5212 is TAC or Channel 2 , 5213 is TAC or Channel 3 and 5214 is Dispatch or Channel 1

All these talkgroups are P25 Phase 2 luckily not encrypted
Im also assuming more will pop up eventually when St Catharines Dispatch starts transitioning the other services over to the system if that happens

ATCTech

Agreed yes, not a single P1 transmission logged on any t/g in 12 hours. Apologies for not seeing your post from the 20th regarding St. Catharines FD as well!

mbstone99

I've been monitoring everything for about a week with OP25, and can confirm that TG 5201 is Niagara Falls Fire Dispatch, 5202 is TAC 2, I believe 5203 is TAC 3 cant confirm this yet due to low traffic on it.

Ive also noticed St Catharines fire Talkgroups showing up 5212 is TAC or Channel 2 , 5213 is TAC or Channel 3 and 5214 is Dispatch or Channel 1

All these talkgroups are P25 Phase 2 luckily not encrypted
Im also assuming more will pop up eventually when St Catharines Dispatch starts transitioning the other services over to the system if that happens

That would make sense as I am seeing 5203 pop up while scanning.. and 5211 as well which would probably make is St Cath dispatch.

Matt

ATCTech

I see DSD+ logged 9 hits on t/g 5217 in the last 20 hours if somebody wants to keep an ear open for it. No P2 audio here so I can't help beyond that.

robman50

This is pretty neat but I am unable to listen to it because my 996xt can only do P25 Phase I. Is FMP24 and DSD+ able to decode the P25 Phase II audio, actually? When I try to listen to this system, I just get the text and no audio from the voice channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.