Base scanner antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
Using a 996p2 what’s a good recommended base antenna mainly for 700/800s p25 starcom21

Is the stock antenna the best bet. Just looking to come off the back of the scanner. No outdoor access yet.

nick223

Feed Provider
I would like an antenna off the scanner. I personally have antennacraft st2s.

But this is for a fire station scanner in a small window space limited. Right now I have the stock antenna and it works great just curious if there was something better.
Didn’t know if the RS800 would work well on a mobile.
The tower site is only 3 blocks away and the scanner in the window is only minoring a few frequencies to run two tone detect.

The tower site has a directional antenna shooting down into the town.

nick223

Feed Provider
If the tower is only 3 blocks away, the signal should be hitting you like a ton of bricks! Are you trying to monitor something other than that tower? Something further away?

Signals seems decent so far. I was just curious is all. Thanks again

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

Attachments

• ant1 (Phone).jpg
    ant1 (Phone).jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:

parkerkowens

I need a antenna for my uniden bct15x. I was thinking about a rooftop antenna but I have no idea how I would get the coax cable into my house to my scanner. Any suggestions?

bharvey2

Keep in mind that what you gain in a removable antenna (should you make it to the roof) you may lose in loss along the coax at 700-800mhz unless you go big (like hardline)

parkerkowens

i thought about it and a rooftop antenna isn't really possible on my house (too much of a pain) what are my best options for an indoor antenna (maybe something in a window) i also need about 20 feet of coax cable from the antenna to where i wanna place my scanner

Ubbe

It's best to have an antenna outside of a window and you could use something like this: https://www.ebay.com/bhp/flat-coaxial-cable
I have 3 coaxes going down the ventilation shaft in the chimney and one coax going over the roof and to a window using one of the flat coax cables.

Use cheap RG6 coax and F connectors and a F-BNC adapter at the scanner. There are hardly any attenuation on any frequency with only a 20 feet lenght.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.