DPS in west texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayer7303

Is the state working on a state wide radio net for DPS, I used to only hear DPS Ozona and DPS Midland but now I also can hear DPS Pecos all the way to DPS El Paso and DPS San Angelo??? A few weeks back I could hear DPS Waco talking to El Paso doing a coms check...

hou30guy

They transmit on everyone system, and ur hearing it good that far cause the towers signal bouncing tower to tower i bet

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

slayer7303

ok but why did I used to only hear the base side of the comm, now I hear base and mobile as far out as Pyote and Sanderson on the DPS repeaters?

nd5y

From what little I know from what was posted here years ago, when DPS went digital they put all dispatch consoles and most or all base and repeater sites on an IP network. Theoretically any dispatch console can patch or multi-select any base or repeater and they can probably monitor everything in Austin.

Also lately there have been many good VHF tropo openings. Since DPS has multiple sites with the same frequencies and NACs you can sometimes hear dispatch control stations getting into repeaters in other areas of the state.

slayer7303

ok I'd buy that but the callsings never change allways KKA-640 ElPaso,KSO-940 Ozona, KKD-397 Pecos',KKS-896 Midland and KKA-451 San Angelo I don't hear any others on this net... I have my scanner programed for the state wide and reginal freq's….

twobytwo

DPS Stations can talk to any other DPS station statewide. They also have the ability for any mobile to talk to any base/ mobile in the state when patched from the home base. Several months ago the Lubbock mobile units were being dispatched from Amarillo and I could hear Amarillo on the Lubbock repeater via phone line /internet.

KE5PL

MotoBridge? I think the plan is to close some of the smaller offices down, through transfers and attrition.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
MotoBridge? I think the plan is to close some of the smaller offices down, through transfers and attrition.
That's the pattern I see as well. I've also noticed that there have been a lot of modification on DPS licenses for the various dispatch areas. In most of them, the Austin headquarters now shows as a control point in addition to the local dispatch office.

rn1nduk1

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
I kinda noticed that too. Usually in midland they transfer traffic to pecos on their frequencies. Don’t know about the pbrin traffic though. They encrypt that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slayer7303

may be what I was catching was system tests between El Paso and Waco and Huston.... whats got me is I have not cought the Dallas, Austin or Lubbock at all... and I travel through that area as well for work...

Status
Not open for further replies.