Has anyone used Zello to link scanner to Cell Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I did in the past, used to crash all the time so I don't do it anymore. Why whats your questions.

TJR-Tucson

Premium Subscriber
I would like to give it a try but cannot get it to work at all. As far as I know I have everything set up right. I followed the great directions someone had posted a while back on another thread. Don't know what going wrong. Zello customer service does not want to know you if you're not using their paid version.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I've done it multiple times and you may have read my write up from way back. What kind of issues are you having?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I may have a slightly dated version on my pc. I'm running win7 as well. I'll be home in an hour or so. I'll do an update and see if i can help you out. My version still has the lock but I know it's an older one.

TJR-Tucson

Premium Subscriber
I actually did see it earlier but I don't know what I did to make it appear. Or go away. Thanks

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
You may try a reinstall in the mean time. Once you enable vox in the menu you should at least get some response after hitting the lock button. Then you can fine tune it.

TJR-Tucson

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. The log file is indicating "receiving SN keep-alive" No idea what that means.

TJR-Tucson

Premium Subscriber
I did reinstall. I have to go out till late. Is there anyway to communicate by e-mail?.........

eaglenest608

Zello setup?

I would like to give it a try but cannot get it to work at all. As far as I know I have everything set up right. I followed the great directions someone had posted a while back on another thread. Don't know what going wrong. Zello customer service does not want to know you if you're not using their paid version.

I am def very interested in this...can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

TJR-Tucson

Premium Subscriber
Did you create a gateway channel per the directions? Once you have done that you need to go into the zello.config file with a text editor to make a change. That file is buried in the guts of your machine but if you do a search for the file name you should be able to find it.
Open zello.config with a text editor.
Scroll way down to the bottom of the page.
4 lines up find SetGatewayMode :false Change false to true and save.
Restart the program and the Radio Gateway page should pop up. You can add contacts etc from tools tab.
Been using it a couple of weeks now and works fine.

eaglenest608

Did you create a gateway channel per the directions? Once you have done that you need to go into the zello.config file with a text editor to make a change. That file is buried in the guts of your machine but if you do a search for the file name you should be able to find it.
Open zello.config with a text editor.
Scroll way down to the bottom of the page.
4 lines up find SetGatewayMode :false Change false to true and save.
Restart the program and the Radio Gateway page should pop up. You can add contacts etc from tools tab.
Been using it a couple of weeks now and works fine.

I am looking for the directions on getting this to work but don't know where they are at...help?

Status
Not open for further replies.