GPS Feature from BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
I recently updated my mobile scanner from the 996P2 to the 536HP. Both were connected to the GPS. On the 996P2 I was able to display my current altitude when when driving. I have checked the 536HP owners manual and cannot find a similar option on that radio. Am I missing something, or is that feature not on the 536HP? I truly miss it.

Mike DeMeo

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It was a nice option that was NOT carried to the x36 line of scanners. Also gone are points of interest, dangerous crossings, speed display and direction.

This could be a good safety thing, however. Every second you are looking at your scanner to see where you are, that's a second your eyes are not on the road.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
So many of that kind of feature is now available on your smartphone and/or car nav...not worth the codespace to keep (especially when that codespace can be used for other useful things).

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
So many of that kind of feature is now available on your smartphone and/or car nav...not worth the codespace to keep (especially when that codespace can be used for other useful things).

True. Thank you for the excellent support on the Uniden Scanners!

737mech

Premium Subscriber
GPS

Just a quick question about the bcd536hp gps, does the scanner get time updates from GPS to keep the clock accurate? Firmware wish list add?

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
As an OTR driver, I'll second that. As long as all your wheels are in contact with the ground, altitude isn't super-important anyhow... lol

True! But it is fun to take a look when travelling through the hills in PA on I-81, or a trip out west. However, as UPMan stated, I have an app on my phone for that.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.