Makeup Radio Scanner Case MK2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

Over the years, while involved in the radio scanning / amateur radio / ultralight DXing hobbies, I have used a number of different bags and cases for carrying my radios and associated bits and pieces. Some of these bags and cases have worked very well, others have not for various reasons. Last year I purchased and set up a hard scanner case, based on a make up case.

I have again returned to my love of portable operation, this has meant finding a suitable carry case or bag for my radios to undertaken these activities in parks and other locations plus also carrying them with me in my day to day life. I have found recently that I have come across some interesting monitoring situations but have not had my scanners with me, mostly due to my previous scanner carry case not being easy to carry. I have really had to make an effort to carry it with me and don't as much as I would like. Based on this I have made carrying my radio monitoring go-kit a priority. I am now undertaking more monitoring mobile while out and about.

Based on my experience in the past, I ruled out a a hard (Pelican style) carry case, these are harder to carry, expensive and scream "expensive stuff inside" which I want to avoid. A few weeks ago I was at Kmart and noticed this makeup case, for $8 it appeared to be a good size for my Uniden UBC126AT. The main advantage of this case against the ones I have used in the past is that I can keep all my bits and pieces together and easy to access.

Earlier this week I purchased this case and spent some time setting it up. I removed the middle brush section and after trying a few ways to pack my gear I have settled on this setup. I can fit:
Uniden UBC126AT
Half Watt UHF CB
3 x Aerials (with room for more as I get them)
Ear Phones
Spare Batteries
AC Charger
USB Cable
12DC Car Charger
Multi Tool
Note Pad and Pen

It meets my needs, keeps all my gear together, protects it, does not look expensive and it easy to carry by itself or throw in to my back pack.

Makeup%2BRadio%2BScanner%2BCase%2BMK2%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Makeup%2BRadio%2BScanner%2BCase%2BMK2%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Makeup%2BRadio%2BScanner%2BCase%2BMK2%2B%25284%2529.jpg

Makeup%2BRadio%2BScanner%2BCase%2BMK2%2B%25285%2529.jpg

Makeup%2BRadio%2BScanner%2BCase%2BMK2%2B%25286%2529.jpg

Makeup%2BRadio%2BScanner%2BCase%2BMK2%2B%25287%2529.jpg

Makeup%2BRadio%2BScanner%2BCase%2BMK2%2B%25288%2529.jpg

Makeup%2BRadio%2BScanner%2BCase%2BMK2%2B%25289%2529.jpg

N8IAA

Doesn't your wife get angry when you take her makeup case?:lol:
Do you donate the other cases, or do you have a closet filled with them:p

Larry

pb_lonny

Doesn't your wife get angry when you take her makeup case?:lol:
Do you donate the other cases, or do you have a closet filled with them:p

Larry

I buy them all myself, they are not her's.
Most are sold or given away, I do have a few in the shed.

N8IAA

Forgot about the radio shed. :wink:
Kmart is no longer anywhere near me. They closed them down. Sears Roebuck bought them a while back, now Sears is going away.
Never thought about one of those cases. Do go to a lot of garage and estate sales. I'll have to see what there is the next time I go out. You always have interesting radio cases Paul.

Larry

pb_lonny

Thanks Larry.

I am always keeping an eye out for anything that would work as a good radio case.

rustynswrail

I have heard that he has to dispose of the majority of his cases. Tasmania is beginning to sink under the weight of them.

R

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I have heard that he has to dispose of the majority of his cases. Tasmania is beginning to sink under the weight of them.

R

LOL I like seeing the ideas he comes up with, and he's given me a few of my own when it comes to traveling with communications equipment. Lately I've been using a ballistic nylon gun range bag that fits the bill, big mesh pockets for the radios and lots of side pockets for accessories such as charging cables, antennas, portable speakers, and other goodies. Each radio has its own slotted area that can be adjusted with the folding nylon baffles. Works great.

pb_lonny

Well I have a couple in use:
This one is my daily carry most of the time.
My Stealth Scanner Bag MK5 is used for more serious scanning when I know I will be out and about.
I also have a hard case but this lives in my car most of the time.

N8IAA

How many cases do we have to see?

You always have the choice to ignore the thread. If you don't like all of Paul's cases, read another thread. I choose to not read many threads on this site. Do I complain about it, NO.

I would like to see all of Paul's cases in one thread, and you can at his blog site. But, this is a forum dedicated to different and updated ways to carry scanners or use them in your vehicle.

Take a chill pill and go lay down.

Larry

kjfswkr

You always have the choice to ignore the thread. If you don't like all of Paul's cases, read another thread. I choose to not read many threads on this site. Do I complain about it, NO.

I would like to see all of Paul's cases in one thread, and you can at his blog site. But, this is a forum dedicated to different and updated ways to carry scanners or use them in your vehicle.

Take a chill pill and go lay down.

Larry

I think you need to chill Larry!

SCPD

QRT
Here's an idea for your case, get one of those USB battery chargers put it in there and run your scanner off of it, Get fancy and put a speaker on the outside of the case.

N8IAA

Here's an idea for your case, get one of those USB battery chargers put it in there and run your scanner off of it, Get fancy and put a speaker on the outside of the case.

Now that is a cool idea. I've been known to use them when there are thunderstorms around. I picked one up at Walmart really cheap.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.