Update - 8/1/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Happy Whistler Wednesday!

Updates for the DSP, PC App and CPU have just gone live. The files will be added to the Whistler website shortly.

DSP Update –
• Fix issue with occasional audio drop outs.

PC App Update –
• Fixed an issue where the squelch value was not being enabled when adding a conventional channel unless the squelch type was dropped down first.

• Fixed issue where Provoice mode talkgroups on EDACS systems could not be selected or imported. While the radio cannot decode Provoice voice internally, it is possible to use the discriminator output feature of the scanner to decode the voice with a third party software application.• Updated the warning message when importing a system from the library that has no talkgroups defined. Systems of this type need to have the Wildcard option(s) turned on in the Import Options Screen to be monitored.

• When importing a system with no defined talkgroups, a wildcard talkgroup object will be created during the import, regardless of the wildcard settings on the import options screen.

• Fixed a sorting issue on the squelch column in the conventional tab.

• Fixed an issue with copying audio files when the alpha tag of a channel is a reserved file name (i.e. PRN, AUX, COM1 through COM255). The alpha tag will now have an underscore appended to the end of the name in this scenario.

• (TRX models) Include option to "Skip DMR TGID" when creating or editing a Conventional DMR frequency

CPU Update –
• (TRX models) Include option to "Skip DMR TGID" when creating or editing a Conventional DMR frequency

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Using the PC app update all, I was able to update the PC App and CPU, but it tells me the DSP is the same (3.1) as on the scanner. Will that be added through the PC App later?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Using the PC app update all, I was able to update the PC App and CPU, but it tells me the DSP is the same (3.1) as on the scanner. Will that be added through the PC App later?

Maybe they changed it, but like in the past did not update the version number?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Just looked at release notes and saw version numbers have changed in the past, latest version listed in release notes is 3.1.

Yes some version have the number indicating they changed something but dsp 3.1 has more then one version and NO number change.

When I first did the update todayvia ezscan it showed 3.1 is the current version, so then I went to the whistler website and the latest version for DSP was also 3.1, then a little bit later when I tried via ezcan it showed current version was 3.2...so they have fixed it.

johnk9deputy

Premium Subscriber
Just did the update on my trx2 and to my surprise it is working better the first time it has worked this good in 2 yrs. Just hope that last for sometime to come.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
No problems updating my TRX-2, no luck with my TRX-1 getting error messages on all of the updates. Anyone have any luck with their TRX-1?

mmc-dsm

Did some testing on a DMR system with RAS that I was not able to monitor because of RAS. In trunked mode, still doesn't work with or without "Skip DMR TGID" option.

In conventional mode, will only receive with "Skip DMR TGID" option. But there's a problem...

This system here has mixed encrypted and unencrypted talkgroups. The "Skip DMR TGID" option will truly ignore TGIDs so everything comes in.

So that option is only good for RAS protected systems in which you want to listen to all TGIDs.

RocketNJ

Did some testing on a DMR system with RAS that I was not able to monitor because of RAS. In trunked mode, still doesn't work with or without "Skip DMR TGID" option.

In conventional mode, will only receive with "Skip DMR TGID" option. But there's a problem...

This system here has mixed encrypted and unencrypted talkgroups. The "Skip DMR TGID" option will truly ignore TGIDs so everything comes in.

So that option is only good for RAS protected systems in which you want to listen to all TGIDs.

Good to know. My local PD has multiple talkgroups on the repeater and I would prefer to be able to scan only certain talkgroups. And yes, they are RAS.

Kel

Did update with no issues,but I never noticed this until now,I always thought when it was scanning it would say Scan and then when it found something it would display signal meter,now I noticed that is gone and signal bars are always there while scanning?

Status
Not open for further replies.