SDS100 cutting out mid transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
I am noticing that sometime the SDS100 will drop out in middle of a transmission. This happened in both digital and analog. I have seen "link" in the top of the display. Anyone else notice this happening?
Thanks
Tim

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
Firmware

The latest beta was just installed which finally allowed reception of NXDN. Problem occurred before update as well. It does not happen on my 436

kikito

Premium Subscriber
The latest beta was just installed which finally allowed reception of NXDN. Problem occurred before update as well. It does not happen on my 436

OK. Care to elaborate? My SDS100 received and decoded NXDN fine since the original firmware...

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I am noticing that sometime the SDS100 will drop out in middle of a transmission. This happened in both digital and analog. I have seen "link" in the top of the display. Anyone else notice this happening?
Thanks
Tim

I posted this same finding in the release thread and submitted a debug file and video. Reverted back to 1.04 for the time being.

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
Thanks
Tim

Yup..same here. Though, I've only seen it on analog while either quick-scanning or from a programmed conventional frequency that is not set as 'analog only'. It will resume audio a few seconds after the 'link' disappears. Maybe it thinks it hears part of a data stream and attempts decoding ?

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
I tried receiving the RDC 178 system on mass. Yes I have NXDN upgrade. Could not pick up anything until they suggested installing the latest beta firmware...then it worked...The cutting out problem existed before the upgrade...does seem like it's trying to decode something it doesn't need to
Tc

SCPD

QRT
I have mine on analog only and PL search for the analog systems and this seems to give me
better and more traffic. Same on digital systems I set it to Digital and the Nac on search and it
does the trick.

relay99

Premium Subscriber
Huh? Suggestions?

While monitoring and holding a conventional 440 Ham frequency the SDS100 is now cutting out occasionally during the transmission while "link" is flashing so am having same issues as OP. Sentinel update and scanner updates were performed today and checked in scanner to make sure everything is current. Does not happen to hp436 in a side by side comparison only SDS 100 and both scanners have dmr and xndn upgrades . Seems problem still exsists with SDS100. Did not notice issue prior to current update but it may have been there as I've only had the SDS 100 a short time.
Any suggestions??

SCPD

QRT
Thanks
Tim

I keep getting told that it's because I'm in such a high RF environment but I believe the SDS 100 was supposed to work in these conditions not cut out midway of active voice"even in the most CHALLENGING RF
environments" This is happening on analog vhf with pl frogrammed and showing link..thought it worked fine in my hike this morning but camping tonight its horrific.. along with high pitch squeaks and squawks on analog with pl enabled just before the analog voice coms end and causes miss of 3/4 of coms..what is going on? Maybe sunspots in the middle of the clear starry night.. maybe RT is on the arm of the milky way I see full of bright stars....thought it was ok but it's now screwed up again out of nowhere..

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
While monitoring and holding a conventional 440 Ham frequency the SDS100 is now cutting out occasionally during the transmission while "link" is flashing so am having same issues as OP.

What settings are programmed for the channel? "Link" is an indication the scanner is hearing a P25 data transmission over a voice channel.

relay99

Premium Subscriber
Settings

All settings for the Ham frequencies in Sentinel were regular FM for modulation but under Audio Option I notice audio type set to "all". I now do see choices for analog or digital along with the digital option button checked. I will select analog only to see what happens for that one particular frequency I noticed it on.
If that corrects the issue will each individual frequency need to be manually changed ?
Wow.......if that's the case that is a bit cumbersome for numerous frequencies. But let's not jump to conclusion yet...............lets see if it continues.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
All settings for the Ham frequencies in Sentinel were regular FM for modulation but under Audio Option I notice audio type set to "all". I now do see choices for analog or digital along with the digital option button checked. I will select analog only to see what happens for that one particular frequency I noticed it on.
If that corrects the issue will each individual frequency need to be manually changed ?
Wow.......if that's the case that is a bit cumbersome for numerous frequencies. But let's not jump to conclusion yet...............lets see if it continues.

Copy and Paste is your best friend. I've made many entry changes this way. It makes a yuuuge difference so the scanner no longer receives anything but analog or digital.

relay99

Premium Subscriber
Waiting to see

Well I was aware of copy & paste but never thought you could used it like that while opening a separate drop down dialog box altering different settings. Thanks. Hopefully will monitor that particular frequency with some traffic to see if those settings worked.
Why the hp436 did not detect the same cutting out with "link" during a transmission with the same identical settings as ADS 100 baffles me. Two different platforms I suppose. Did not have to be so specific in programming with hp436. Now need some traffic to verify fixed or not or try something else!

SCPD

QRT
LINK

What settings are programmed for the channel? "Link" is an indication the scanner is hearing a P25 data transmission over a voice channel.

They should make a firmware update for it to ignore a "LINK" receive and continue scanning ,it would be a great addition. Or at least make it a switchable option for those that want it to,

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that with a few FW where I'll be on analog 800 system and stops on a tg and LINK shows up cuts the transmission off for 1-3 seconds.

relay99

Premium Subscriber
Programming SDS 100

What settings are programmed for the channel? "Link" is an indication the scanner is hearing a P25 data transmission over a voice channel.[/QUOTE
Adjustments were made for the issue I was having on Ham bands but questions remain as to why scanner is hearing P25 data transmissions on voice channels in places where there isn't any P25. As I said earlier I never had to program hp436 that specific to each frequency and a lot of values were left at default and the scanner chose what was best. Have not had cutting out occur on that specific frequency since changing but have had it occur other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.