MONOC-Atlantic ALS crews in Essex County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2IRT

Hi guys,
I was away from scanning for a few weeks but lately I've noticed that I haven't heard any activity on 155.355, where Medic 7 and 8 (and a lot more) were dispatched. Have they moved? I tried the MONOC north talkgroup (4731) on NJICS and heard some other units, presumably BLS, but not the ALS crews here in western Essex Co. Any ideas where my local paramedics have moved to?

mondaro

Feed Provider
Atlantic Medics use " SHORE 4 " on the NJPSIC and also Verizon push to talk to communicate with MONOC control after dispatch.

W2IRT

I'm specifically interested in the two (or is it three) ALS units that serve western Essex County and until a few weeks ago were dispatched on 155.355. When there's an ALS run, I hear Medics 6 and 7 on the local PD channels, but the dispatch and incidental comms with their dispatch are what I'm trying to find once again. I don't think they're on NJICS TG 4731 (MONOC-NORTH). I do hear a lot of activity from that group, but I don't think Medic 6 and Medic 7 are on it.

W2IRT

Yeah, I think 6 is local to me and 7 is out of Mountainside, but they're not dispatched by Caldwell or Fairfield PD. They just show up on PD frequencies when they're on a run into that jurisdiction. Trying to find the new dispatch frequency for 'em.

asnhnetwork

ALS 906 is currently out of service due to summer vacations. They are dispatched by Miccom on 155.175 They come up with the local PD as Medic 6.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
While on a Squad call last week with medic 7, I noticed they carried an APX portable that was on the Shore 4 talk group. I have not checked if they are dispatched on that or not, but it seems like a good place to start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MJS413

Yes, all of the AAC ALS & EMS units are currently dispatched on Shore 4. The VHF frequencies are down.

M6 is out of Fairfield with EMS 7 when it is up. They can be dispatched by either MICCOM or MONOC.

W2IRT

OK. An Interop group; that's pretty obscure! Thanks for the info.

I wonder if we could put a note in the database for Essex County (and other related counties) about this? ALS dispatch is a pretty significant first responder frequency/talkgroup to have in the scan rotation.

Is this also their tactical operating assignment? After they're loaded with a patient, for example, do they use radio to contact a hospital base with patient info, or is that done via cellphone?

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Wondering if Atlantic Ambulance units are the ones using RID 249xxxx then since I logged that range on Jersey Shore 4 and MONOC TGs now.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
OK. An Interop group; that's pretty obscure! Thanks for the info.

I wonder if we could put a note in the database for Essex County (and other related counties) about this? ALS dispatch is a pretty significant first responder frequency/talkgroup to have in the scan rotation.

Is this also their tactical operating assignment? After they're loaded with a patient, for example, do they use radio to contact a hospital base with patient info, or is that done via cellphone?

It’s been my experience that while treating the patient, they speak with the physician at the hospital using a cellphone. I have never seen them use their portable for anything other than to update their dispatch about their status. And that has been rare as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.