Do not buy from zipscanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

racing1

Ok let me start off by saying first that I know that zip scanners is a small company of 5 people and they can only so so much at one time,but this is ridiculous. I have ordered two scanners from them and got prompt delivery etc... I ordered the SDS100 from the with the included gps cable. It was the wrong one so they sent me another cable hoping to fix the first and it was the same type so it wouldn't connect to the scanner. I emailed them politely and asked them the status of my gps cable adapter and the they said it would be on backorder till August. I told them "let me know around the end of july if you guys get a update on a ship date". They said ok and ordered me a cable free of charge due to the mix up. I don't get any calls from may- end of july and when I call them it goes straight to voicemail. I proceeded to email them to check on the status. A week goes by and no answer. Got a call this morning and one of the sales man goes crazy on me saying that I so called " harrassed them" with too many emails back and forth which was a complete LIE. Anyway to make a long story shorter he said "since you ordered a gps cable adapter from us I have CANCELLED your order and refunded you and no longer want your business."

Zip_Scanners

Ok let me start off by saying first that I know that zip scanners is a small company of 5 people and they can only so so much at one time,but this is ridiculous. I have ordered two scanners from them and got prompt delivery etc... I ordered the SDS100 from the with the included gps cable. It was the wrong one so they sent me another cable hoping to fix the first and it was the same type so it wouldn't connect to the scanner. I emailed them politely and asked them the status of my gps cable adapter and the they said it would be on backorder till August. I told them "let me know around the end of july if you guys get a update on a ship date". They said ok and ordered me a cable free of charge due to the mix up. I don't get any calls from may- end of july and when I call them it goes straight to voicemail. I proceeded to email them to check on the status. A week goes by and no answer. Got a call this morning and one of the sales man goes crazy on me saying that I so called " harrassed them" with too many emails back and forth which was a complete LIE. Anyway to make a long story shorter he said "since you ordered a gps cable adapter from us I have CANCELLED your order and refunded you and no longer want your business."

Matt - just listened to the conversation I had with you regarding your order. We did not 'go crazy' and I never used the word 'harassed', I calmly explained that we refunded you in full and will not be able to service orders from you moving forward. We've been around almost 5 years and you're the only person we've refused service to. Looking at just Facebook messages, you have reached out 76 times. This does not include calls, emails, chats and other points of contact. We can not provide that level of service.

If you'd like to discuss further please email me directly at luke@zipscanners.com

pb_lonny

Looking at just Facebook messages, you have reached out 76 times. This does not include calls, emails, chats and other points of contact. We can not provide that level of service.

If that is true (76 times) plus phone calls, emails and so on, that is beyond what is normal / reasonable. Understandable they don't want to deal with you any more.

pferama

Feed Provider
I had a great experience with Zip Scanners at the SDS100 launch. Zip never guaranteed any dates, but they sent early real time updates and set my expectations in advance when the Uniden supplier failed to deliver/ship on time.

In the couple months since then, I've had 3 or 4 Amazon orders miss the Amazon "guaranteed delivery date" without warning or communication or follow up. Which has made me realize how entitled and impatient consumerism has made us over the past few years.

Great to see a small business work hard for customers even when the customers are impatient and obsessed. Really though, there are far more important things going on that you should be obsessing about. :)

Zip_Scanners

I had a great experience with Zip Scanners at the SDS100 launch. Zip never guaranteed any dates, but they sent early real time updates and set my expectations in advance when the Uniden supplier failed to deliver/ship on time.

In the couple months since then, I've had 3 or 4 Amazon orders miss the Amazon "guaranteed delivery date" without warning or communication or follow up. Which has made me realize how entitled and impatient consumerism has made us over the past few years.

Great to see a small business work hard for customers even when the customers are impatient and obsessed. Really though, there are far more important things going on that you should be obsessing about. :)

Thanks for posting!

racing1

If that is true (76 times) plus phone calls, emails and so on, that is beyond what is normal / reasonable. Understandable they don't want to deal with you any more.
Let me tell you in those 76 messages I was getting info about the trx 1 BEFORE I bought it as i was brand new to scanning and the other was about the gps cable adapter. If that was too much to handle on two subjects I don't know what is. The only time I really called them was on that trx 1 when I had issues with it and after that I got BLOCKED from calling them so that was the ONLY reason I went back to facebook messenger and emails. Also ONLY 12 emails in total and they weren't sent every day or every hour on the hour.

Last edited:

racing1

Thanks for posting!
While your at it if I'm the only person that's been blocked from buying you you should browse the forums more because alot of people posted reviews like this. You should be blocking them and refusing service to them too NOT just me. Just a FYI don't advertise lifetime support if you can't handle the volume of calls,messages and emails. It just makes your business look bad and it is a false claim. If I was zip scanners I'd advertise NO TECH SUPPPORT provided and listed the emails and phone # for the scanners brands you sell. If you didn't want me to post this you should of just came up with a resolution during that phone call and everything would be just fine and everyone would go on their merry way. The very first phone call I had with you guys I told you the issue and right out of the gate you say "we can't help you please call whistler tech suppprt". That left a bad impression from day one. Your so called "tech support" is unacceptable due to your non tech skills.

racing1

I had excellent and prompt service with shipping and delivery from them but they refused to provide "lifetime support" they they advertise so much. Read my post below and you'd understand more.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
76 FB posts

It is not the responsibility of the merchant to educate you. They could easily have done that with all false or slanted information. RR has a wealth of information for you to read and learn to help you make your choices. I have been using a scanner since the days of 4 channel crystal models, and there was little to guide your purchase then. Many problems are solved or questions are answered on RR every day by experienced users for the people with an interest in the hobby.

racing1

It is not the responsibility of the merchant to educate you. They could easily have done that with all false or slanted information. RR has a wealth of information for you to read and learn to help you make your choices. I have been using a scanner since the days of 4 channel crystal models, and there was little to guide your purchase then. Many problems are solved or questions are answered on RR every day by experienced users for the people with an interest in the hobby.
I'm not trying to get them to educate me I needed tech support at the time. But that still isnt a reason to ban someone from buying from you. All luke would of had to do was tell me to slow down on the messages and I would understand. But he didn't give me no forewarning about "too many messages" and I wouldn't hesitate to heed his request.

sjgostovich

Your expectations of this (or any) retailer are unrealistic. It sounds like ZipScanners bend over backwards to get you your cable. Any expectation of tech support from this retailer beyond programming assistance or basic use and functions of a scanner are unrealistic. You come off as sounding butt-hurt because you have unrealistic expectations and this retailer will no longer sell to you because you are harassing them. Try contacting your local Walmart 76 plus times and see what happens. You would probably have your local authorities at your door. The customer is not always right and "Minnesota Nice" only goes so far.

racing1

Your expectations of this (or any) retailer are unrealistic. It sounds like ZipScanners bend over backwards to get you your cable. Any expectation of tech support from this retailer beyond programming assistance or basic use and functions of a scanner are unrealistic. You come off as sounding butt-hurt because you have unrealistic expectations and this retailer will no longer sell to you because you are harassing them. Try contacting your local Walmart 76 plus times and see what happens. You would probably have your local authorities at your door. The customer is not always right and "Minnesota Nice" only goes so far.
Let's say you got a wrong battery pack for your scanner and you paid $100 for it (which I did for the gps and cable) and you had to work for that money. Wouldn't you be calling them and telling them the problem to make it right? I don't couldn't see anyway of me making zip scanners "bend over backwards" for the correct cable. They sent the wrong one TWICE then said that they will look into the matter and make sure it right for a third time. I get a email saying I have to wait for it back in june and didn't hear anything since. So I proceeded to find the cable on their website and order another one thinking maybe they forgot about it so that way it's in the system as a new order.

racing1

Let's say you got a wrong battery pack for your scanner and you paid $100 for it (which I did for the gps and cable) and you had to work for that money. Wouldn't you be calling them and telling them the problem to make it right? I don't couldn't see anyway of me making zip scanners "bend over backwards" for the correct cable. They sent the wrong one TWICE then said that they will look into the matter and make sure it right for a third time. I get a email saying I have to wait for it back in june and didn't hear anything since. So I proceeded to find the cable on their website and order another one thinking maybe they forgot about it so that way it's in the system as a new order.
Also that 76 times is a extreme exaggeration if you count everytime I said "k" or "thank you"

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Also that 76 times is a extreme exaggeration if you count everytime I said "k" or "thank you"

Facebook shouldn't be considered a support portal. Somebody at Zipscanners has to look at the messages left on FB. And every time you post another reply they probably get an email as well as have to sift through your replies / comments on FB.

I haven't used Zipscanners, but just visiting their website they provide a telephone number, an email address, and a "Chat Now" live chat on their website for support. You should have stuck to using those methods of support only.

Mike

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Not me, you asked what it meant

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
So what your saying is I'm the problem?

Not me. I was just saying that using Facebook support is something you shouldn't do. They don't advertise it as support, and it's a burden on them to have to provide support-like services on it. I realize that yes they have an FB page, but you're better off sticking to the multitude of support methods that they list right on their site. 70+ messages or one-liners on FB when FB isn't even their support mechanism probably drove them crazy.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.