Palm Beach County Fire/Rescue dispatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Can someone explain how Palm Beach County Fire/Rescue dispatching is set up?

I hear a female robotic voice dispatching calls on Fire/Rescue channel 6A, but there are no responses on that channel. I do hear other Fire/Rescue traffic on other talkgroups like 2A, 3A, 4A, etc. How do the stations and units know which channel to switch to? Does each station have a particular tac channel that they monitor, or are they instructed to switch to one, and by whom, and on what talkgroup?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Can someone explain how Palm Beach County Fire/Rescue dispatching is set up?

I hear a female robotic voice dispatching calls on Fire/Rescue channel 6A, but there are no responses on that channel. I do hear other Fire/Rescue traffic on other talkgroups like 2A, 3A, 4A, etc. How do the stations and units know which channel to switch to? Does each station have a particular tac channel that they monitor, or are they instructed to switch to one, and by whom, and on what talkgroup?

In a lot of areas Tacs are set up for a geographic area, District, Battalion, etc.

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

ipfd320

Banned
Here in Martin County on 154.010 we have live dispatch this is tone out once with location and a tac channel is assigned---the rest of the comms is on that tac channel given

if you listen to dallas texas fire feeds they to have automated dispatch--as for tac channel for them which is not dispatched i would assume it comes up on the CAD system or dispatch sheet

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Here in Martin County on 154.010 we have live dispatch this is tone out once with location and a tac channel is assigned---the rest of the comms is on that tac channel given
Yes; here in Broward County the calls are dispatched on one of about ten dispatch channels, and for large incidents, they are then instructed to switch to a tac channel. Palm Beach County seemingly doesn't do it this way. I was hoping one of our Palm Beach County folks in the know would explain it. ;)

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Yes; here in Broward County the calls are dispatched on one of about ten dispatch channels, and for large incidents, they are then instructed to switch to a tac channel. Palm Beach County seemingly doesn't do it this way. I was hoping one of our Palm Beach County folks in the know would explain it. ;)

its possible they have protocols already in place

In Orange County we would announce the fire channel on the main dispatch, they still do, but it was always the same
3,4 east side 5,6 south and central, 7,8 north and west where 4,6,and 8 would be firegrounds
3,5,7 for smaller responses and EMS calls and i think now they have Fire 11 for Ocoee and Winter Garden FD as we dispatched for them

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
PBCFR is dispatched by the automated female voice as you said but they respond on a designated TAC channel. Each battalion has a dedicated TAC channel they use. Look at the main database page for palm beach county as well as the wiki page for palm beach county and those both together will answer your question.

PBGVOLFF

Premium Subscriber
This was copied from the old system that was listed in the database. Not sure how up to date it was

Palm Beach County Fire / Rescue Talkgroups
- Fire/Rescue Main (Station Alerting including Lake Worth, North Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Shores)
- TAC 2A (Stations 14-19, 20-29 (except 23 & 24), 72-74, 61-68 (no Station 66), & 85)
- TAC 3A (Stations 23, 24, 30-39, 43, 91-95 (no Station 92)
- TAC 4A (Stations 41-48 (except 43), 51-58, 111-116)
- TAC 5A (Stations 1-8, 80, 86-89)
- TAC13A (PBIA Station 81)

Status
Not open for further replies.