Sunday Surprise Releases for SDS100/BCDx36HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Using today to catch up on a little housekeeping, since my office schedule has been (and will continue for a while to be) rather erratic.

Sentinel BCDx36HP/SDS100 v2.00.10.

Updates to the latest version including a typo update from the open beta 2.00.08 and also we address the issue some people are having with directory access rights.

SDS100 Firmware v1.05.00 Main / 1.01.05 Sub
Elevated open beta to public version

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Firmware updates and Sentinel updates all go through Sentinel. When you click "Update Database" if there is a new version of Sentinel, you'll get a notice with a link.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Oh dear dear dear dear Pooh Bear.
It looks like threshold settings for NXDN Trunking sites in Sentinel won't be returning for the x36 profiles??

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Is this latest firmware the one having issues with unit ID display at playback?

Yep. It's totally useless for me. Using 1.04.01 - playback actually works. Patiently waiting for a version that will display UIDs in playback.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
What is the actual difference between the open beta and the regular firmware updates? Which is more beneficial?

JD
kf4anc

awhitej2002

Thank you Paul

Thanks for making such a great scanner. I got mine last night and set up MARCS-IP in Hamilton County and I can't believe the difference from my old one. It works great!
Tony

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
What is the actual difference between the open beta and the regular firmware updates? Which is more beneficial?

JD
kf4anc
In the open beta you know you are testing firmware that may contain bugs and by testing that firmware and submitting your findings back on the forums helps Uniden fix those bugs and find things that need to be changed or fixed that have not been discovered so far. Basically if you want to help make the scanner the best it can be you can help by testing the open betas before the next major public release and report your findings and debug logs back to UPMan.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If the version # is the same, no difference between the beta and public release (as in this case). I judged that the benefits of the beta release far outweighed the remaining tweaks vs. the previous public version.

jpiddock

Where can I get the latest software other than at Uniden? I've having issues with Uniden's domain all the time, I emailed them to fix it once and it took them awhile to do so and now I can't access yet again.

I get this error message: "Your IP address %REMOTE_ADDR% is black listed at the %WIKITOOLNAME% web site due to excessive access or suspicious activities. Please contact site administrator %WIKIWEBMASTER% if you got on the list by mistake."

My IP is blocked, it is a mistake. Can anyone reading this whitelist my IP so this doesn't happen anymore?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I unblocked someone (not sure who) as a one-time thing a couple of weeks ago. The only way I can think of to get blocked like that is to try to scrape the entire site. It takes a bunch of page hits per minute. Or, same IP creating multiple logins rapidly.

At this point, all you can do is go to another computer to access that wiki.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Note that I unblocked the IP again.

We don’t ban anyone on purpose. The system automatically bans IP addresses when they are the source of suspicious activity. Such activity consists of any combination of the below activities that result in an accumulated score of 120 points within any 5 minute period:

• Create a user account (10 points)
• Save or upload (5 points)
• Normal Page View (1 point)
• Raw Page View (5 points)

Status
Not open for further replies.