"St. Joseph County Law Enforcement", best quality stream in the world???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jel250

Damn right it is, I run it! BOOM! lol

I wish more people invested in audio hardware/software... :( It's well worth it!!!

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
What are you running exactly; I agree, does have great sounding audio...

Last edited:

jel250

I use two Uniden 996p2's feeding into a Focusrite 6i6, then using Pro Tools for the compression/noise reduction and whatnot.

jel250

"Pro Tools First" I should say, the software comes free with the Focusrite hardware. I used the full scale Pro Tools for awhile but the very slight difference did not justify the price...

jel250

For anyone looking at this post in the future, compression/noise reduction! That's all I ask!

If I lived in a bigger metro area, I would feel almost obligated to make the quality the best possible... I cannot count the amount of times I've tried to listen in on a breaking BIG event and had to turn off the stream due to my ears bleeding... I'd be more than welcome to help anyone who ask, just send me a message!

jel250

Oh, and for people that do a stereo stream... Ducking, ducking, ducking!!! People love the duck out of it!

jel250

What kind of antenna do you use on this LSM system it does sound clear?

I'm currently using a "806-896, 9dB, Laird Yagi Directional Antenna" but even with that, reception quality has always been my biggest issue...

I try to run off the Elkhart tower whenever possible due to the over saturation the St. Joe simulcast proves to be for the antenna and my bcd996p2's. Unfortunately, Mishawaka PD has a tendency of not be retransmitted off that tower (from time to time) and I try to stick it out with St. Joe...

I'd love to get my hands on an sds100 just to see how the much better the decoding is but I can't justify the price right now :(

SCOTTER

There is a tower 3 miles from me on Inwood road that is east of me.It is the last site on the southeast side of town and there is no towers behind it because the Elkhart county line is 6 miles away. I plan to get a yagi and point it at it and see if that solves my LSM problem since there is no other towers to pick up and cause LSM problems behind it.I tried the Elkhart tower but only get 1 bar and it dont have some of the other PD and FD I listen to on it. Its worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.