Request stream be taken offline due to quality/availability issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to request a stream be taken offline by the admins due to multiple major quality and availability issues? Hoster even admits unable to maintain due to it being processed at an offsite location.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I agree with the OP. I know of a feed or two with really bad quality. I sometimes feel a feed like this is up so that person can get free access to the site.
As a feed provider i hold my self to a quality standard and would hope all feed providers do. But a small amount dont.
Not listening to it is an option but i believe it prevents someone else from providing a quality feed in that area.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
All you have to do is add an additional dept/frequency that isn't in that person's feed and it is no longer identical and is more likely to get approved.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I agree with the OP. I know of a feed or two with really bad quality. I sometimes feel a feed like this is up so that person can get free access to the site.
As a feed provider i hold my self to a quality standard and would hope all feed providers do. But a small amount dont.
Not listening to it is an option but i believe it prevents someone else from providing a quality feed in that area.

People complaining over and over about this or that and RR checks it out and finds the feed is fine get old.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I dont doubt this, but Ive documentation from the host (via RR msging which Id assume Admins have access to view) stating hes aware of the issues.

Broadcastify Admins have the same forum permissions as regular members.

fredva

Feed Provider
Have you suggested to the current feed provider that you could take over the feed if he is having trouble maintaining it? It might be beneficial to him, in that he could presumably listen to a better quality feed that is online more often. Those who set up remote feeds are often listeners of those feeds.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Have you suggested to the current feed provider that you could take over the feed if he is having trouble maintaining it? It might be beneficial to him, in that he could presumably listen to a better quality feed that is online more often. Those who set up remote feeds are often listeners of those feeds.

Awesome idea...

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I said nothing about that feed I merely stated that constant reports of no audio won't connect get to be a pia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Interesting you mention that.
Occasionally i get a feed report about one of my feeds saying it wont connect or no audio, then when i look theres 20 or 30 people connected. I give it a listen and all is good.
Close and move on.
I guess some people cant or dont know how to trouble shoot problems, especially when its on their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.