Whistler TRX 100 & TRX 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookmaster

i was hoping Whistler would have gave some new info or some Pictures of the new units by now,of the new TRX 100 and TRX 200 i am hopeful they will no later the Sept 1,2018 and looking to buying both or just the new TRX-100,thanks for coming out with these new units in the 4th quarter of 2018 Whistler!!!

scannermike11

Banned
and lets hope that Whistler dose not make the same mistake uniden is making
by going to a battery pack like scanner 20 years ago
it is real pain when you have to get batteries in a emergency
with the uniden radio you can not run up to Wal-mart and get batteries

cookmaster

Regarding Whistler TRX-100 & TRX-200

since the 4th Quarter starts next Month my Guess is within the next 90 days Whistler will release some new info on Both new scanners,and by way thanks for trying to get new photos and info on these soon to be release scanners,556223 !!

belvdr

No longer interested in living
since the 4th Quarter starts next Month my Guess is within the next 90 days Whistler will release some new info on Both new scanners,and by way thanks for trying to get new photos and info on these soon to be release scanners,556223 !!

The 4th quarter starts in a month and a half (October).

fredva

Feed Provider
October 1st through December 31st is the 4th quarter. I hate to disappoint you, but September 1st is unrealistic. Whistler is playing catch-up to the Uniden SDS-100, so I would urge patience. You don't want them to rush too much, as that could result in major quality control issues.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Didn't Wendy agree with a poster in one thread that the physical difference between the TRX-1 and the TRX-100 would only be the inner circuitry and software? The scanner will look the same. Which, I would assume, would maybe apply to the TRX-200 as well. (?) Now, it's a wait and see deal. It would definitely benefit their marketing strategy to allow for the storm of the SDS100 to pass over and dissipate. I will surely buy one, this time the TRX-200 base model. Anxious to see this plan come together.

JD
kf4anc

cookmaster

October 1st through December 31st is the 4th quarter. I hate to disappoint you, but September 1st is unrealistic. Whistler is playing catch-up to the Uniden SDS-100, so I would urge patience. You don't want them to rush too much, as that could result in major quality control issues.

Thanks Mike, i missed calculated on the when the 4th quarter started and ended and no i will not be disappointed since the 4th Quarter do not start until October 1st i can wait for that time to come around. but i am disappoint in math calculation on quarters in the year!

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
Whistler is playing catch-up to the Uniden SDS-100, so I would urge patience. You don't want them to rush too much, as that could result in major quality control issues.
Wasn't it stated in the 100/200 announcement thread that Whistler has had these in dev for over a year?

And who cares what they look like? As long as they work.

DJ11DLN

Wasn't it stated in the 100/200 announcement thread that Whistler has had these in dev for over a year?

Word.

Also (because I've forgotten how to multi-quote posts) in reply to Tailgator911, I believe it was stated that they would share the TRX-1/-2 form factors. I believe it was also stated that this design still had a lot of unrealized potential for further development. In light of that it wouldn't make much sense to design a completely new scanner from scratch. So I'd expect them to look like the current crop of Whister SD card scanners.

If I'm wrong y'all can ride me out of town on a rail and lynch me.:lol:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It does seem curious that no photos or even CAD renderings have been released yet. If the new models are similar to the current ones externally, then it shouldn't be that hard to do. Most product announcements have more than text, they include photos or drawings of some kind.

troymail

Silent Key
I don't know why anyone would expect Whistler to release details of their new products (including photos, etc.) any sooner prior to being released than Uniden does.

If I recall correctly, Uniden didn't "officially" provide any details (including the true existence) of the SDS-100 until on/about 3/17/18 and it was released in early June (2 1/2 months later). That is, of course, if you believe that the "leak" from Universal in January was in fact an accident (and that was simply an artist rendition)....

As is typically stated - let's let them take the time to get it right. At a minimum, I'm betting they'll at least make sure the battery is right before selling you one....

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Uniden had photos when they officially announced the SDS100 (as do most manufacturers when they announce a new product), despite there being good reason to believe it was announced earlier than planned due to the leak.

Not having any product images released 4-5 months after officially announcing the product is very unusual for any manufacturer.

mikey60

Not having any product images released 4-5 months after officially announcing the product is very unusual for any manufacturer.

It's been about 3 months, as it was just before Hamvention in May. I'm sure photos will be provided when Whistler is ready to do so, and not before.

Mike

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Whistler is playing catch-up to the Uniden SDS-100, so I would urge patience. You don't want them to rush too much, as that could result in major quality control issues.

If it is the same external form factor, someone can photoshop two zeros on and you have your photos. No matter how long they have been in development, they have the right to keep their intellectual property proprietary until the release date-and out of sight of the competition. If they continue R&D up until the last minute, things might change and people would then be complaining about the "fake" images that were "leaked."

Keep an eye on Universal Radio, we know they can't keep a secret.....oh, wait....

Status
Not open for further replies.