TRX-2: Clock Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone experience this issue? If I set the clock through the front panel and then later update the TRX-2 with the software the time changes. Off by hours and minutes. The clock on the computer is correct.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone experience this issue? If I set the clock through the front panel and then later update the TRX-2 with the software the time changes. Off by hours and minutes. The clock on the computer is correct.

Just taking a guess...Is the bios time on that PC correct? and what operating system?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
PC is running Vista. Clock on PC is correct.
I don't use the clock for the display. What it impacts is the recordings.

BUT is the BIOS clock correct? it is found in the bios, not on the desktop.

Last edited:

DJ11DLN

The clocks on the scanners aren’t that accurate and drift fast. I just turn them off.

Pretty much my experience with my WS-109X scanners...and the same solution. I know a lot of users who record have an issue with this. I don't record that much so it doesn't bother me but one would think that in this day and age the clock circuit could be at least as accurate as a cheap quartz clock from the 1980s.:roll:

I hope this is something they fix with the new series, along with the option to display a 12 hour clock and also to have it display (button press?) while scanning instead of just when the units are off.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
Pretty much my experience with my WS-109X scanners...and the same solution. I know a lot of users who record have an issue with this. I don't record that much so it doesn't bother me but one would think that in this day and age the clock circuit could be at least as accurate as a cheap quartz clock from the 1980s.:roll:

I hope this is something they fix with the new series, along with the option to display a 12 hour clock and also to have it display (button press?) while scanning instead of just when the units are off.

I think the problem is that there is probably poor power regulation on the clock system so the various voltages that go through the system during an operating period causes it to drift.

Ubbe

....option to display a 12 hour clock and also to have it display (button press?) while scanning instead of just when the units are off.

Excellent suggestion! There are plenty of Fn+digit combinations left to use to display a clock for 3 sec along with some other info on the other display lines like how many recordings you have and how much memory are left etc.

There are so many things Whistler can do to improve the user interface and add functions. Maybe they save all suggestions they've received over the years and add to the TRX100/200 to give us a reason to buy a new scanner.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.