Vintage Scanner Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

manlius

Premium Subscriber
Back in the ‘70s I had a Robyn 4+4 Hi/Lo base/mobile/portable scanner (not to be confused with the 8+8). This unit was fully capable of being powered by its 120Va/c, 12Vd/c or by 8 AA batteries installed in the internal bay. This almost metallic baby blue beauty with chrome accents was quite compact, measuring around 6” wide, 2” high and about 8” deep. The telescopic antenna retracted completely into the side of the radio or you could plug in an external antenna into the Motorola jack on the rear. Instead of the great big bulb covers on the front like the 8+8, it had 4 small red LED’s above and 4 below the channel switches.

Here’s where the help comes in. I’m trying to find pictures and info on this oldie but goody and can’t find a thing! I’ve checked radiomuseum, the scanner museum, google, etc. with no luck whatsoever. In fact, radiomuseum, which is usually pretty exhaustive, doesn’t even list it as ever being made. I’m hoping someone can confirm that I didn’t dream owning one of these, and can help with pics, links or at the very least, reassurance that it did actually exist.

Thanks in advance & 73’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manlius

Premium Subscriber
I remember that one, you are not the only one to see it.

They pop up on ebay every once in a while,

good luck

$02

Thanks for that, at least. I know I’ve had blows to the head both before and after the ‘70s, but I was pretty sure I didn’t imagine it!

manlius

Premium Subscriber
If anyone happens to have a manual for that or a schematic they could pdf to me, I’d love to submit it to radiomuseum.org

Status
Not open for further replies.