NC General Assembly/State Capital Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I know the NC General Assembly/State Capital Police have Wake/Viper capability, but can anyone tell me if they are using simplex inside the General Assembly bldg and State Capital?

If they are using simplex, would it be a Viper voice channel?

Recently I've been in both locations and have seen radios in use that I was not hearing on the regular channels, but did not have my scanner onsite to try to figure it out.

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
The Police inside the NC Capitol Bldg are NOT NC State Capital Police.

Politics and constitutional separation of powers concerns dating back to the post Civil War era were a major concern in creating the NC State Legislature Police.

The NC State Legislature Police are separate organization controlled by the NC State Legislature and is legally a distinct organization.
The NC Capital Police are part of the NC Executive Branch and ultimately controlled by the Governor.

The NC Legislature will not allow Executive branch personell to have arrest powers over state legislators while they are in the NC State Capitol Bldg.

Look for other talk groups in the Viper System.

Try 52024 and 52025.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The Police inside the NC Capitol Bldg are NOT NC State Capital Police.

Look for other talk groups in the Viper System.

Try 52024 and 52025.

The police inside the Capitol were indeed State Capital Police, however the police in the General Assembly (Legislative) building were the NC General Assembly Police, utilizing the TGs you suggested.

In the past few weeks I have been present in both buildings, and observed officers inside the buildings using radios (while scanning all NCGA and NCSCP TGs) but could not receive those transmissions. I was hearing traffic from/to dispatcher from/to officers, but not from officer to officer. Hence my question about possibility of simplex and if so would it be VIPER voice channels or other freqs being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.