DPS Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dough1590

I Live in Frisco but have had a difficult time picking up DPS traffic on my Unication G5. Could someone post confirmed frequencies used by troopers, courtesy patrol and other law enforcement being used in the North Dallas area and along Tollway, the Bush and Sam Rayburn. Unclear if DPS dispatches calls over the air or uses cell phones for main traffic. Thanks in advance for the help.

jasday

The database listings are correct. DPS uses MDTs a lot as far as running DL and LP checks. Their VHF channels are usually patched together by the dispatcher location so you may not always here both sides if you're listening to the wrong channel. The Tollway frequencies are correct. I heard both sides just the other day headed home.

The problem you may run into, is finding which side the trooper is on. Parker Co for instance. Where I work we have a VHF P25 Moto system that has two TGs for DPS. DPS dispatch is in Mineral Wells. There's also several other repeaters in that area. You will always hear the DPS dispatcher, but the trooper could be on the Aledo repeater, on the P25 system or the Mineral Wells repeater depending on their location.

I know a lot of the troopers have gone to using the P25 system due to its ability to cover most of the county with some dead spots.

But like I said, the Tollway frequencies were active just other day with both sides of the conversation. Best thing to do would be to upload the whole DPS plan so you dont miss anything. But due to the G5 that may not be possible.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
DPS Tollway uses 151.13 (pl 136.5) for Troopers and Courtesy Patrol/Maint are on TeamConnect DMR.

Check out the North Texas Tollway Authority section of the Texas DPS page.

Jasday's summary is accurate. Most DPS channels are linked together. Also, they tend to use the County SO systems frequently.

Russell

Last edited:

jasday

I should have said that with my example of Parker Co troopers using the local P25 system. That was the point of that lol. Look for Troopers on local P25 systems as well as local S.O. channels.

Stephen

I live in Collin County so I am unable to confirm this, but I noticed DPS licenses both 151.1300 and the input 157.350 on separate licenses both as input and as repeaters. Could someone confirm if 157.350 is being used in the Tarrant/Johnson county area as repeaters for dispatch on toll roads out west. On 151.130 I only hear PGBT / DNT / SRT 121 in the Collin/Dallas and some parts of Denton county area in the far eastern portions.

nd5y

I live in Collin County so I am unable to confirm this, but I noticed DPS licenses both 151.1300 and the input 157.350 on separate licenses both as input and as repeaters. Could someone confirm if 157.350 is being used in the Tarrant/Johnson county area as repeaters for dispatch on toll roads out west. On 151.130 I only hear PGBT / DNT / SRT 121 in the Collin/Dallas and some parts of Denton county area in the far eastern portions.
A couple years ago I started a thread about NTTA's 151.13/157.35 and UHF licenses with multiple repeaters. I don't remember if anybody ever figured it out or if what is in the database is correct.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
A couple years ago I started a thread about NTTA's 151.13/157.35 and UHF licenses with multiple repeaters. I don't remember if anybody ever figured it out or if what is in the database is correct.

151.13 is correct for the troopers. I've never heard anything on the UHF repeaters.

Russell

Stephen

Is the same frequencies used for the western portion of the PGBT and 121? If so I guess the repeaters do not rebroadcast for the entire tollway area.

O

Operator_error

The one UHF License for DPS in Allen is for LoJack. You will (or should) just hear data on it. Troopers south of 380 run off Dallas Dispatch and north of 380 Dallas and/or Texarkana. the 151.1300 is for Tollway Troopers only (most of the time).

O

Operator_error

On a side note, DPS has a new repeater pair which is still Unidentified. I have heard it in use on Mineral Wells with a really funky NAC, 66F or something. The dispatcher gave the MW callsign and the traffic was support sounding rather than "Ticket Traffic" I see it licensed more to the North than anywhere else. I keep it in scan with NAC search on and have yet to hear much more from either of the frequencies listed below.

155.75250 2015-06-04 A 1 0 FB PW SHERMAN KCY568
154.67250 2015-06-04 A 1 0 FX1 PW SHERMAN KCY568

O

Operator_error

Lo-Jack on 173.075. That's VHF not UHF.

you are correct ... I had 453 stuck in my head for some reason.

You know I don't program or listen to V CALL 10 at all, Maybe I should because It never popped in my head that was in fact the frequency. Here's the thing Tom, I did receive a 66F or something close when I was monitoring it. I use ProScan and was in logging mode that day but I didn't save the file. V CALL 10 should be 156.7 PL or 293 NAC and It was in Repeater mode.

nd5y

Are you sure it was a repeater? When I lived in Mineral Wells I heard them patch 155.37 to 155.46 several times. I don't know why they would do that. It could have been accidental. Seems like they had it that way for a couple days once. Here in Wichita Falls somebody patches VCALL10 to other stuff at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.