Icorrs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen1972

Hope someone can help me out, been trying to listen to Lawrence County on the ICORRS system. my Sentinel software for the BCD536hp has it as a P25 Phase I but I see RR data base has it listed as a P25 Phase II do I need to chance it to a Phase II to be able to listen to it.

any help you can provide would be great,

Allen

troymail

Silent Key
Hope someone can help me out, been trying to listen to Lawrence County on the ICORRS system. my Sentinel software for the BCD536hp has it as a P25 Phase I but I see RR data base has it listed as a P25 Phase II do I need to chance it to a Phase II to be able to listen to it.

any help you can provide would be great,

Allen

Nothing special needs to be done for Phase 2 P25 - you program it the same way you program Phase 1.

jeffm77

Yes, you program in a phase 2 system the same way you would a phase 1. Keep in mind though, that some of Lawrence County talk groups are encrypted.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes, you program in a phase 2 system the same way you would a phase 1. Keep in mind though, that some of Lawrence County talk groups are encrypted.

And, in addition to that ICORRS is all simulcast sites, right? And if that's the case, he may or may not have some trouble decoding Lawrence Co even if he gets a decent signal on it.

Mike

Allen1972

Thanks everyone, will program it in Phase II. yes I have excellent signal, I'm seeing full bars so I should be able to hear something. mostly interested in fire rescue and EMS

jeffm77

However, Lawrence County is not part of the simulcast system. They are part of ICORRS, however they are on their own. They have their own tower sites and frequencies. So, Lawrence county talkgrouos are not carried on Westmoreland zones. Atleast I've never seen them.

talviar

However, Lawrence County is not part of the simulcast system. They are part of ICORRS, however they are on their own. They have their own tower sites and frequencies. So, Lawrence county talkgrouos are not carried on Westmoreland zones. Atleast I've never seen them.

Jeff I'm guessing you don't understand what "simulcast system" means....

Westmoreland Sites 1 &2 are simulcast sites meaning each site has a number of transmitters all on the same frequency that transmit simulataneously.

Armstrong County Site #4
Indiana County Site 5
Fayette Site 6
Somerset Site 7
and Lawrence Site 8

Are all simulcast sites.

Westmoreland Site 3 Seward is not a simulcast site. It is a single tower (sub-site) set up.

Simulcast does not mean that a talkgroup can appear in multiple sites. It means that all transmitters in the coverage foot print are on the same frequency.

A talkgroup can be present on more than one site.

So the gentleman with his scanner is still most likely having issues with "simulcast" phasing since he is trying to pick up a signal from multiple transmitters on the same frequency.

jeffm77

Yes, I know what a simulcast system is. I guess I misunderstood what he needed help with. I just have never seen Lawrence county talk groups on any Westmoreland or any other counties sites. Last year at the butler hamfest, I monitored Lawrence county. All I got was encrypted talkgroups.

Frankhappyg

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel is falling way short on updating this systems sites.
Only list 9 of the 77 site towers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Sentinel is falling way short on updating this systems sites.
Only list 9 of the 77 site towers.

That's because simulcast sites have many towers per site, all sharing the same frequency information. You do not want Sentinel to list all of those towers, and Sentinel shouldn't list all of those towers.

No different than the Canton-Stark co system. They have multiple sites that a part of a single simulcast site (all sites share same frequencies).

The database lists things correctly for ICORRS.

Mike

Frankhappyg

Premium Subscriber
My bad.
I’m going back and forth between the new P25 and ICORRS.
I got ahead of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.