Pro-97 screen kinda lights up/displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVE392

I've had my pro-97 for roughly 12 years and passed it down to my son. Last night we changed the batteries and turned it on and noticed that the screen barely illuminates/displays the frequencies. You have hold it at a certain angle to be able to read the screen. If you hold it right in front of you it looks off. It scans and receives just fine. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

STEVE392

How can you adjust the contrast on the radio?

They are brand new out of the package AA's that i got from harbor freight. I've used them for years since my kid likes to leave the radio on all the time.

lou9155

How can you adjust the contrast on the radio?

They are brand new out of the package AA's that i got from harbor freight. I've used them for years since my kid likes to leave the radio on all the time.

im a big HF fan....woodworking clamps nitrile gloves and digital measuring tools for the woodshop..but batterys are something i would not buy at HF...i dont even use energizers....respectfully sayin

STEVE392

im a big HF fan....woodworking clamps nitrile gloves and digital measuring tools for the woodshop..but batterys are something i would not buy at HF...i dont even use energizers....respectfully sayin

I only got them cause they were free. They come in handy since my 5 year old always forgets to turn the radio off. So I can't complain about changing them out so often when they cost nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.